Burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh. These fine burritos are packed with healthy ingredients. Fine tomato rice meets crispy fried tempeh, leafy green vegetables, fresh alfalfa sprouts, bell peppers and hot sauce. I love this recipe because it brings so many different flavors together. Ideal as a filling lunch or dinner or TO GO for hunger in between.
Vegan burritos simple and fast
Today’s burritos are assembled from a variety of delicious components. Tortilla wraps, choice of sauce, Spanish seasoned rice, red bell pepper strips, crispy fried tempeh, green leafy vegetables and choice of sprouts. I decided to use alfalfa sprouts.
The Spanish rice consists of a rice of your choice, onions, tomatoes, tomato paste, various aromatic spices. Here, white rice is just as suitable as whole grain rice.
TIP: If you want to increase the amount of fiber in your diet, then I recommend using a majority of the carbohydrates in the whole grain variety.
Vegan recipes with tempeh
When it comes to leafy green vegetables (an important source of calcium for vegans), I opted for black cabbage today. Alternatively, kale or spinach is suitable.
If you’re in the mood for a different sandwich or wrap option today, I have some wonderful alternatives for you:
- Burritos with couscous
- vegan quesadillas
- Simple vegan shawarma sandwich
- Soy Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Quick chickpea sandwich
- Vegan gyros sandwich with jackfruit
- Vietnamese Báhn Mi Sandwich
- Sandwich with tuna cream
This recipe is so simple and delicious that I am almost at a loss for words. You feel like you’re getting everything in one with lots of different ingredients and flavors. Thinking about it more carefully, I could imagine some vegan cheese in there too.
The burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh are:
- Easy to manufacture
- Extremely tasty
Well, did you get a craving for these hearty burritos? I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and of course I am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh
FOR THE SPANISH RICE:
- 15 ml Oil Vegetable broth if oil free
- 95 g Rice uncooked
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 50 g red onion peeled and diced
- 30 g Tomato paste
- ½ tbspn Turmeric
- 1 tbspn Cumin
- 1 tbspn Italian herbs
- ½ tbspn Garlic granules
- ½ tbspn Paprika sweet
- 1 Bird Eye Chili to taste
- ½ tbspn Salt
- 240 ml Water
FOR THE TEMPEH:
- 200 g Tempeh of your choice cut into strips
- 1 tbspn Frying oil or other high heat oil
- 1 tbspn Tamari
FOR THE REST:
- ½ Piece red bell bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 Cup Alfalfa sprouts or other sprouts of your choice
- 2 Cups steamed green leafy vegetables Kale, spinach, etc.
- Hot sauce of your choice
- 6 Piece Tortilla Wraps Heat according to packaging instructions
- For the Spanish rice, heat a large pot and pour in the oil.15 ml Oil
- Add rice and sauté briefly.95 g Rice
- Add diced tomatoes and red onion and continue to sauté, stirring.2 Tomatoes, 50 g red onion
- Add tomato paste, turmeric, cumin, Italian herbs, garlic granules, paprika, chili and salt and stir vigorously again.30 g Tomato paste, ½ tbspn Turmeric, 1 tbspn Cumin, 1 tbspn Italian herbs, ½ tbspn Garlic granules, ½ tbspn Paprika, 1 Bird Eye Chili to taste, ½ tbspn Salt
- Once everything is combined, add water and simmer, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.240 ml Water
- FOR THE TEMPEH Heat a frying pan and pour in the oil. Put tempeh strips in it and fry them for 2-3 minutes on each side. Deglaze with tamari.200 g Tempeh of your choice, 1 tbspn Frying oil or other high heat oil, 1 tbspn Tamari
- Set up a small work station with the preheated tortilla wraps, hot sauce of choice, steamed leafy greens, red bell peppers, alfalfa sprouts, fried tempeh and Spanish rice.
- Take one tortilla wrap each and spread with some hot sauce. Spread sauce on top, 2-3 tablespoons of rice, strips of bell bell pepper, tempeh, leafy greens and sprouts.½ Piece red bell bell pepper, 1 Cup Alfalfa sprouts, 2 Cups steamed green leafy vegetables, Hot sauce of your choice, 6 Piece Tortilla Wraps
- Fold in sides, fold in top and roll up with gentle pressure.
- Repeat until all tortilla wraps are used.
- Serve and enjoy! Best fresh.