What? Carnival again? Most people are in carnival fever at the moment and jump from one ball to the next. In all honesty, I have to admit that I am not a carnival lover at all. To be more precise, I even try to escape from any events. At this point I would like to take the precaution of apologizing to all my carnival-crazy ex-work colleagues from Cologne. I know how important Carnival is to you! But someone has to take care of new Recipes take care of, right? Then I’ll just do that.
VEGAN BOWL? ALWAYS GOES!
The idea for this Recipe came when I looked in my refrigerator a few days ago and discovered a Tempeh discovered. Surely it did not get there by itself, but I bought it personally and with full intention in the organic supermarket. Honestly, I think that Tempeh comes much too rarely on the table. Most of the time, it’s convenience that makes us reach for the same products over and over again. So I suggest that we put the Tofu put aside today and deal with tempeh.
Our Bowl today consists of four components:
Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, rice noodles, tempeh and a creamy sauce. At Vegetables and you are spoiled for choice. I opted for crisp lettuce, bell peppers, carrots, green onion and a sweet mango. The fruity component goes incredibly well with this Asian dish. Accompanied by the creamy sauce of peanut butter, lime juice, Tamari bird eye chili and maple syrup. All that’s missing now is the tempeh, which we marinate with sesame oil, peanut butter, tamari, bird eye chili and maple syrup.
IT’S TEMPEH TIME
I just say: Go for it! This recipe is (once again) one of my all-time favorites. I could eat it every day! It fits especially well in the spring/summer season, as I always prefer to eat something really Winter always prefer to eat something really nice and warm, like a Curry or a Lentil soup .
If you don’t have any peanut butter in the house, all kinds of other nut butters are also suitable here. Almond paste, cashew nut paste, hazelnut paste, to sunflower butter. Whatever is your favorite variant. Also with the Pasta you are spoilt for choice, from rice noodles to noodles made from buckwheat or black Beans everything is allowed.
The Asian Bowl with Peanut Butter Tempeh is:
- High fiber
- simple to be produced
- Mildly spicy
Let’s get started with this delicious, Asian bowl, which you can 30 minutes ready. I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Asian bowl with peanut butter tempeh
FOR THE MARINATED TEMPEH:
- 200 g Tempeh cut into slices and quarters, I take the one from Alberts
- 15 ml Sesame oil I take a roasted sesame oil
- 32 g Peanut butter alternatively another nut butter of choice
- 30 ml Tamari or other gluten-free soy sauce of choice
- 30 ml Lime juice alternatively rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 30 ml maple syrup alternatively agave syrup
FOR THE SALAD:
- 250 g Rice noodles or other gluten-free pasta of choice
- 120 g Carrots peeled” into fine strips, equivalent to two medium carrots
- 1 Piece medium red bell bell pepper cut into fine strips
- 90 g Salad leaves of your choice cut into coarse pieces
- ½ Piece Mango sliced
- 1 Confederation Spring onion cleaned and cut into pieces
FOR THE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING:
- 100 g Peanut butter alternatively another nut butter of your choice
- 45 ml Lime juice
- 45 ml Tamari or another soy sauce
- 1 Bird Eye Chili or other chili powder to taste
- 15 ml maple syrup alternatively: agave syrup or coconut blossom sugar
- 45 ml lukewarm water
- 1 Pack of buckwheat noodles or other Asian noodles to taste can also be omitted
- Sesame seeds discretion
- Fresh coriander greens to taste
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- FOR THE MARINATED TEMPEH put all the ingredients (except the tempeh) in a bowl and mix to make a creamy sauce). Pour in tempeh, stir gently until tempeh is evenly coated with sauce and set aside.200 g Tempeh, 15 ml Sesame oil, 32 g Peanut butter, 30 ml Tamari, 30 ml Lime juice, 30 ml maple syrup
- Heat well coated pan over medium heat and add marinated tempeh. Heat gently, stirring repeatedly until the sauce thickens and the tempeh begins to turn slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- FOR THE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING put all the ingredients in a blender (alternatively work by hand) and blend everything well until a creamy dressing is formed.45 ml Lime juice, 45 ml Tamari or another soy sauce, 1 Bird Eye Chili or other chili powder to taste, 15 ml maple syrup, 45 ml lukewarm water, 100 g Peanut butter
- FOR THE SALAD: Arrange lettuce leaves, carrots, bell peppers, mango and scallions in a bowl, place rice noodles in the center and add tempeh baked until golden brown. Pour dressing over and mix thoroughly.120 g Carrots, 1 Piece medium red bell bell pepper, 90 g Salad leaves of your choice, ½ Piece Mango, 1 Confederation Spring onion, 250 g Rice noodles
- Finish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro leaf and divide among 4 plates. enjoy!Sesame seeds discretion, Fresh coriander greens to taste
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Blendtec blender https://amzn.to/2vEJ1tW
- Pan set: https://amzn.to/2VwIZi1