I am sure you know the situation. A nice evening with a terrific film, but something is missing. Snacks. You go to the kitchen and realize you forgot to shop. Oh no! Then it’s time to take a deep breath and grab a pack of cashews from the cupboard. We’re going to whip up one heck of a tasty snack with this today. Simple, delicious and ready in no time. Your evening is saved.
Cashews Asian Style Snacking Lovers
Healthy vegan snacks? Keep it coming.
To be planned are 25 minutes Time, an oven and a few simple ingredients. One package of cashews, which you should Vegan should always have at home, some oil, maple syrup, curry paste, curry powder, coconut blossom sugar, cumin, ginger, turmeric, chili flakes and tamari.
Preheat oven, line baking sheet with parchment paper and go!
Cashews are not only super versatile, but also pretty darn healthy. Why? I have summarized this for you here:
- contain valuable, vegetable proteins
- rich in tryptophan, a precursor of the happiness hormone serotonin
- B group vitamins (B1, B3, B5)
- rich in iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc
The roasted cashew nuts Asian Style are:
- Sweet and sour
I hope my 25-Minutes snack has convinced you? If so, I’m happy to receive a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Roasted Cashew Nuts Asian Style (vegan, gf)
- Heat oven to 160 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cashews on baking sheet and place in oven. Roast for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.300 g Cashews
- In the meantime, add all other ingredients to a bowl and mix until everything is combined into an even marinade.30 ml Frying oil, 15 ml maple syrup, 15 g Curry paste, 1 tbspn Curry powder*, 15 ml Tamari or another gluten-free soy sauce, 15 ml Lime juice, 24 g Coconut blossom sugar, ½ tbspn Cumin, ½ tbspn Ginger, 1-2 tbspn Corn starch for better binding
- Remove cashews from oven, let cool for a moment and add to marianade.300 g Cashews
- Mix everything well (I use a silicone spatula here) until the nuts are completely coated with the marinade.
- Return marinated cashews to baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Roast for another 10-12 minutes until the nuts are nicely browned but not burnt.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight box at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Mixing bowl https://amzn.to/2Nwd5yK