Vegan Sour Cream make quick and easy yourself. Who among you loves sour cream? Hands up, I’m definitely there. It is super versatile, creamy and can be combinedsuper.
What is Vegan Sour Cream?
This is a good question, because you often think that sour cream is the American equivalent of sour cream. This is not the case, however, because original sour cream has a percentage of pure butter fat of 12-16 percent. That’s why it’s much thicker and creamier than sour cream. Let’s not dwell too long on the details and focus on making a vegan sour cream. It should be creamy and have a firmer consistency than cream. Cashews are an ideal base for this.
How to make Sour Cream?
Vegan Sour Cream is made quick and easy. Soak cashews as needed, depending on how strong the blender is. I don’t always soak them in because my Blendtec is powerful and the nuts get so small. Added water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and spicy mustard. Turn into the blender and make a creamy dip. Your sour cream is ready.
Here are some ideal combinations for the vegan sour cream:
- Burgers of all kinds
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- Crispy fries
- Aubergine fillets
- Herbal side skewers
- Oyster mushroom steaks (for grill)
- Crispy Tempeh Skewers
- Grilled corn cobs
The vegan sour cream is :
- Super fast made
- Mild acidity
- The perfect side dish
Do you love the vegan sour cream just like me? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, then like to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Make sour cream yourself HOW TO
- Coriander Parsley or other fresh herbs to taste
- Soak cashews as needed, go here for detailed instructions.150 g Cashews
- Place cashews in a blender, add water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, spicy mustard and salt and blend until smooth.125 ml Water, 30 ml Lemon juice, 15 ml Apple cider vinegar, ½ tbspn spicy mustard or ½ tsp ground mustard seeds, ½ tbspn Salt
- In between, keep stopping blender and scraping down sides to ensure all cashews are processed evenly.
- Taste, season if necessary and pour into a bowl. Smooth out, cover and refrigerate. Ideally, cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!Coriander
- Keeps in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.