I have to say, this salad really surprised me because I just didn’t expect kale to taste so good. Of course, I’ve always been a fan of the healthy vegetable, but not to the point of being overly freaked out. That has definitely changed with this recipe and I’m already almost addicted to it. That’s why I’m already looking forward to Friday, when I finally get to go to my favorite vegetable farmer again and put a nice bunch of fresh kale in my basket.
Vegan salad with sweet potato and kale
Essentially, there are three simple steps to the salad. First, the sweet potato, along with the chickpeas, olive oil and spices are mixed and roasted in the oven. The kale is also kneaded with a little olive oil and lemon juice until soft. The last step is to mix the dressing of cashews, vegetable milk, mustard, garlic, yeast flakes, lemon juice and salt.
Kale salad, sounds better than kale salad, right?
At the end everything is mixed together, guaranteed with chili flakes and parmesan and ready is this marvel of flavor. I like to eat it as a main dish or as a smaller portion with another main course. Either way, this recipe is worth trying. I promise you won’t be disappointed. The nutritional content is equally gigantic, thanks to the high-quality protein and complex carbohydrates from the sweet potato and chickpeas. Together with the other ingredients, an all-around healthy dish.
TIP: If you want to give the recipe a Christmas, winter touch, then I recommend adding Dried Cranberries or Raisins. I can also imagine a touch of cinnamon very well.
Looking for a different salad recipe for every day? Then I recommend you the following delicacies:
- Lentil salad with leeks
- Quinoa salad with creamy dressing
- Salad with roasted fennel and white beans
- Quick couscous salad
- Salad with tamari mushrooms
- Creamy apple carrot salad
- Creamy meat salad with jackfruit
- Baked potatoes with tomato pesto
The creamy salad with sweet potato and kale is
- High protein
- Full of roasted aromas
- Easy to make
Well, fancy a completely different, delicious vegan salad variant? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Creamy vegan salad with sweet potato and kale
FOR THE SALAD:
- 500 g Sweet potato with peel cut into cubes
- 400 g Chickpeas drained and washed well
- 1 tbspn Cumin ground
- 1 tbspn Paprika powder
- 150 g Kale washed, stalk removed and cut into coarse pieces
- 1 Piece Bird Eye Chili or another chili of your choice
- 30 ml Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup chopped parsley
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (210 degrees Celsius top-bottom heat) and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place sweet potato cubes in a large bowl along with chickpeas, cumin, paprika powder, bird eye chili, pepper and a little olive oil and mix well. Spread evenly on baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes .500 g Sweet potato, 400 g Chickpeas, 1 tbspn Cumin, 1 tbspn Paprika powder, 1 Piece Bird Eye Chili, 30 ml Olive oil, Pepper to taste
- Add kale to the bowl already used. Add a dash of olive oil and salt and knead with your hands until the kale is nice and soft. Set aside.150 g Kale, 30 ml Olive oil, Salt to taste
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing.
- FOR THE DRESSING provide a blender. Add in cashews, garlic, vegetable milk, nutritional yeast flakes, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and salt. Process on high speed to make a fine sauce.100 g Cashews, 1 tbspn Garlic granules, 180 ml Plant milk, 1 tbspn Nutritional yeast flakes, 1 tbspn Dijon mustard, 30 ml Lemon juice, ½ tbspn Salt
- Mix kale, oven roasted chickpeas, sweet potato and fresh parsley together with dressing in a large salad bowl.1 Cup chopped parsley
- Divide among plates, garnish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!Chili flakes, Vegan parmesan, Fresh parsley
- This delicious salad lasts up to 2 days in the refrigerator. Best when slightly chilled.