Bolognese with kale and tofu is a wonderful alternative if you are looking for quick and easy everyday dishes. I was back at my favorite Demeter greengrocer in Dürn near Dietfurt last week and stocked up on a bunch of kale. I took the opportunity right away and took a nice picture of it in my Instagram Story. Do you already follow me on Instagram? If not, then you come here directly to my profile.
Vegan bolognese with kale and tofu
Our recipe today is super quick and really delicious. The tofu gives the dish plenty of high-quality protein, and the kale provides plenty of bite. The production is quick and easy. First I fry an onion and garlic in a little olive oil. To this is added the tofu and I continue to fry everything until the ingredients have a nice brown. Now add tomato paste and Italian herbs. Sauté everything further and deglaze with water or vegetable broth. Add tomato chunk and sliced kale and we are done.
TIP: For refinement, I use a little crema die balsamico, which adds a nice sweetness to the dish.
Vegan Bolognese quick and easy
You can choose the pasta yourself, I had rigatoni. However, gluten-free pasta varieties or whole-grain varieties are also suitable.
One more little note about kale. Many are afraid of the healthy vegetables, or simply do not know what to do with them. At the same time, it is definitely worth incorporating the healthy cabbage variety into your diet. Kale contains valuable fiber, blood-building iron and valuable minerals such as potassium and calcium. Especially interesting is that the cabbage variety contains almost all the vitamins of the B group and more vitamin E than many other vegetable varieties. Kale can also score points for its vitamin C and provitamin A (precursor of beta-carotene) content.
Looking for a different pasta dish for every day? Then I recommend you the following delicacies:
- Spaghetti with vegan spinach sauce
- Arugula Pesto Pasta
- Pasta with paprika nut sauce
- Crispy breaded eggplant and creamy pasta
- Mexican Fajita Pasta
- High Protein Pasta
- Pasta alla Norma
- Pasta with sun-dried tomato
The bolognesewith kale and tofu is:
- High protein
- Easy to make
Well, fancy a delicious vegan pasta variant with kale? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Bolognese with kale and tofu
FOR THE BOLOGNESE:
- 30 ml Oil if oil free use vegetable broth
- 120 g red onion
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves fresh, or 1 tsp garlic granules
- 200 g Tofu natural, crumbled
- 30 g Tomato paste
- 2 tbspn Italian herbs
- 250 ml Vegetable broth alternatively water, more as needed
- 400 g Tomato pieces
- 135 g Kale Stalk removed and cut into pieces
- 1 tbspn Crema the balsamic to refine (optional)
- 250 g Pasta of choice I use rigatoni
- Vegan parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- FOR THE BOLOGNESE provide a large pot and heat the oil.30 ml Oil
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.120 g red onion, 2 Piece Garlic cloves
- Add tofu and continue to sauté. Add tomato paste and Italian herbs and continue stirring. Deglaze with vegetable stock.200 g Tofu, 30 g Tomato paste, 2 tbspn Italian herbs, 250 ml Vegetable broth
- Add tomato pieces, kale and optional crema die balsamico and stir again. Simmer with the lid closed for 15 minutes.400 g Tomato pieces, 135 g Kale, 1 tbspn Crema the balsamic to refine
- In the meantime, cook pasta al dente and set aside.250 g Pasta of choice
- Mix the pasta with the sauce, season to taste and divide among plates. Garnish with parsley and parmesan and enjoy!Vegan parmesan, Fresh parsley
- Sauce (without pasta) keeps up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat with a little water or in the steamer. Best fresh.