Giotto Dessert is my answer to our trip to Italy. Those who follow me on Instagram know that we spent our last vacation in Italy. First we were in South Tyrol, in a very nice vegan hotel, the BIOTIQUE Hotel Vimea and there we had a really delicious dessert one evening that reminded me of “Giotto”. Already I started thinking about how I could make this recipe myself and I made some notes. Back in the kitchen I have also tried and now it’s there. My favorite dessert, a poem of hazelnut cashew cream and chocolate sponge cake.
Vegan Giotto Dessert
Let’s take a closer look at what’s actually in a Giotto. Hazelnuts, palm oil, shea butter, sugar, wheat flour, skimmed milk powder, sweet whey powder and more. That doesn’t sound very exciting, does it? We, on the other hand, try to make our dessert as wholesome as possible and, of course, vegan.
Let’s take a look at the preparation steps. First, I bake a sponge cake base and prepare a hazelnut cashew cream. Then only hazelnuts are missing, which I chop finely and roast in a pan. Finally, everything is neatly piled into dessert glasses and our delicious dessert is ready.
TIP: If you like, you can drizzle the sponge cubes with a little cold coffee. This makes it juicier and gives the dessert a hint of Italian tiramisu.
Vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Giotto Dessert
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients. The sponge is made of flour, cocoa powder, raw cane sugar, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, salt, baking oil and vegetable milk. There will be a little dough left after layering the desserts, which is best just snack.
The cream consists of cashews, water, maple syrup, hazelnut puree, bourbon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Together with the rest of the ingredients, a pure delight. This dessert is especially good at Christmas, New Year’s Eve or other special days.
If you’re in the mood for a different dessert today, I recommend the following treats:
- Marzipan dessert
- Chocolate dessert
- Chocolate Soft Serve
- Pumpkin Mousse with Nut Brittle
- Avocado chocolate mousse
- Peanut mousse
- Panna cotta with strawberry sauce
The Giotto dessert is
You love desserts with hazelnuts as much as I do? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan Giotto Dessert
FOR THE CHOCOLATE BISCUIT:
FOR THE HAZELNUT CREAM:
FOR THE HAZELNUT CRUNCH:
- 50 g Hazelnut kernels finely chopped
- 250 ml Coffee strong, cooled
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE BISCUIT provide a baking dish. Pour in flour, cocoa powder, raw cane sugar, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, bourbon vanilla and salt and stir until everything is well combined. Add the baking oil and vegetable milk and continue mixing until a smooth dough is formed.125 g Flour, 15 g Cocoa powder, 35 g Raw cane sugar, 10 g Flaxseed, ¼ tbspn Baking soda, ½ tbspn Baking powder, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla, Pinch of salt, 30 ml Baking oil, 125 ml Plant milk
- Pour into brownie pan, smooth out and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are dry. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- FOR THE HAZELNUT CREAM Add cashews, water, maple syrup, hazelnut paste, bourbon vanilla and salt to a blender and blend on high speed to a fine cream. Set aside.150 g Cashews, 250 ml Water, 30 ml maple syrup, 30 g Hazelnut puree, 1 tbspn Bourbon vanilla, Pinch of salt
- Cut the chocolate sponge cake into square pieces and set aside.
- FOR THE HAZELNUT CRUNCH heat a pan (medium heat) and toast the chopped hazelnuts for a few minutes, stirring constantly.50 g Hazelnut kernels
- FOR LAYERING Provide dessert glasses. Spread some hazelnut cream on the bottom of the glasses, put some cookie pieces on top, then a small amount of roasted hazelnuts. Repeat until 4 desserts are ready.
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle a little cold coffee over the sponge cubes. This makes them a little juicier.250 ml Coffee
- NOTE: There will be some sponge cake cubes left over, best to just snack on them.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.