Chocolate Soft Serve is a poem. why? Once started, you can’t stop spooning. At least that’s how it was for me and my husband. We shared one every night on the couch because I did fill up the glasses quite a bit. Well, too quickly it was gone, this gigantic dessert and I’m also looking forward to making the next batch again. Are you as excited as I am? Then let’s get started.
Vegan chocolate soft serve
The dessert consists of few ingredients and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. All you really need is a blender, coconut milk, cocoa, nut puree, bourbon vanilla, a pinch of salt and nothing else. The only thing that takes a little time is freezing the coconut milk. This is poured into an ice cube container and frozen through one night. Put it in the blender, blend once until creamy and the chocolate dessert is ready.
TIP: I put the dessert in the refrigerator for a few hours after mixing to make it even firmer. When guests come over and I want it to look extra pretty, I pipe it into glasses with the tip spout and decorate it with chocolate sprinkles. A treat for the palate and the eye.
Vegan dessert with few ingredients
Actually, there is almost nothing to consider when making the dessert. I use my MagiMix with the s-shaped blade, but I can imagine a regular high-powered blender working well too. I let the ice cubes thaw for a few minutes for better processing, this makes it easier for the blender.
To refine the “soft serve” I can imagine many different sweets. It just made me think of an ice cream parlor in America called “Cold Stone.” There, all sorts of sweets were mixed into the ice cream, from gummy bears to brownies. I don’t want to know how many calories this had at the end. Well, it tasted great and that’s the main thing.
If you’re in the mood for a different dessert today, I recommend the following treats:
- Strawberry dessert
- Chocolate dessert
- Lemon ice cream
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Avocado chocolate mousse
- Peanut mousse
The chocolate soft serve is:
- Pleasantly coconutty
You love soft serve as much as I do? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Chocolate Soft Serve
- 400 ml Coconut milk 1 can
- 125 g Nut puree ½ cup, I use almond paste
- 80 ml maple syrup ¼ cup
- 60 g Cocoa powder ½ cup
- ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla
- ½ tbspn Cinnamon optional
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Pour coconut milk into an ice cube mold and allow to set for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.400 ml Coconut milk
- Provide a blender. Add in coconut milk ice cubes, nut puree, maple syrup, cocoa powder, bourbon vanilla, cinnamon (optional) and pinch of salt and blend to a fine cream.400 ml Coconut milk, 125 g Nut puree, 80 ml maple syrup, 60 g Cocoa powder, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla, ½ tbspn Cinnamon, Pinch of salt
- TIP: I let the ice cubes thaw for a few minutes before processing, so they are easier to handle.
- Pour immediately into dessert bowls and enjoy, or place back in the refrigerator to firm up once again.Chocolate sprinkles
- It looks especially nice when you squirt the cream into dessert glasses with the help of a piping nozzle.
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.