Vegan tarte flambée has been so lacking on this blog. I wanted to make this recipe once for a very long time, but something else kept getting in the way. Then I discovered ready-made vegan tarte flambée bases at my favorite organic supermarket in Regensburg and there was no stopping me. Quickly made, hearty topping and irresistibly delicious.
Vegan tarte flambée, made simple
The tarte flambée consists of two main steps. The first step is to make the base, which I’m saving this time because I found really great ready-made bases. I’ll go into more detail below on how to make homemade tarte flambée bases if you want to make them yourself. The second step is the preparation of the surface. I use a mixture of vegan cottage cheese and homemade creme fraiche for this. Add white onion rings, smoked tofu, garlic granules, nutmeg, salt pepper and fresh parsley.
First, I spread the cream of curd and creme fraiche evenly on the bases. On top I spread the onion, smoked tofu and seasoning and off it goes into the oven.
Flammkuchen dough without yeast make yourself
Flammkuchen dough can also be made quite easily yourself, without yeast. For this you need flour, olive oil, water and salt. Simply work into a smooth dough with your hands or with a dough hook. Then divide into four portions and roll out. The dough is ready for topping and baking.
The tarte flambée has its origins in Alsace and is topped with only a few ingredients. In the meantime, however, there are countless variations and everything is allowed that is fun. Here are some suggestions on how you might top your tarte flambée.
- Pumpkin, pear strips and walnuts (autumnal)
- House thin slices of pumpkin and potatoes
- Sweet with apples, pears and crumble
- Asparagus and smoked tofu
- Green asparagus and sugar snap peas (spring-like)
- Spinach and onion
If you’re not in the mood for tarte flambée today, but for a classic pizza variation, I recommend the following recipes:
- Crispy Tandoori Chickpea Pizza
- Simple vegan pizza
- Pizza with ricotta and green asparagus
- Pizza rolls with pesto and mushrooms
- Simple Pizza Mozzarella
- Tex Mex pizza with vegan mayo
- Berbere spelt pizza with tahini dressing
- Pizza yoga with hummus and pumpkin
- Green Forest Pizza
The vegan tarte flambée “Alsatian style” is:
- Easy to make
Are you ready for this delicious tarte flambée? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan tarte flambée “Alsatian style
- 4 Piece ready vegan tarte flambée doughs optionally make it yourself(see notes below)
FOR THE CREME FRAICHE:
FOR THE COVER:
- Fresh parsley
- FOR THE CREME FRAICHE Place cashews, vegetable milk, lemon juice, and salt in a high-powered blender and blend on high speed to a fine cream. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator.100 g Cashews, 90 ml Plant milk, 30 ml Lemon juice, 1 Pinch of salt
- Take ready-made tarte flambée dough from the packaging or make your own ( See notes ) and place 2 doughs next to each other on a baking tray.4 Piece ready vegan tarte flambée doughs
- Now preheat oven to 220 degrees convection or pizza level.
- In a bowl add creme fraiche, vegan curd or cream, garlic granules, salt, nutmeg, pepper and parsley and mix with a spoon.100 g Creme fraiche, 50 g vegan curd or cream, 1 tbspn Garlic granules, ½ tbspn Salt, ¼ tbspn Nutmeg, Pepper to taste, Parsley to taste
- Spread evenly on tarte flambée bases. Spread onion rings and smoked tofu on top and sprinkle more parsley if desired.2 Piece white onion, 200 g Smoked tofu
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes until edges are crisp browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Perfect for freezing.
If you want to make the dough yourself, I have the following easy recipe for you:
- 220g flour – 2 cups
- 30ml olive oil – 2 tbsp
- 150ml water – 2/3 cup
- 1 pinch salt