Soft date slices, for those who are in the mood for a sweet snack. Many snacks are with chocolate, including on this page. I love chocolate and cocoa, so I tend to make a lot of chocolatey treats. But I can’t resist these soft, sweet date slices either, even though they’re completely cocoa-free. A small snack between meals is always good, whether before sports or during a strenuous Zoom meeting.
Soft slices with dates and quinoa
The other day I discovered puffed quinoa for myself. I used to only know puffed rice, or whole grain rice, but why not give quinoa a try? I think puffed grains are so cool because you can do so much with them.
For these snacks we also need only a few ingredients. Puffed quinoa, Medjool dates, nut puree, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. The processing steps are done quickly and easily, add dates and nut puree a blender and process to a fine, sticky paste. Place in a bowl and mix with puffed quinoa, hemp seeds and chia seeds. Press into a brownie mold and off to the refrigerator. Allow to set, cut into pieces and enjoy!
Sounds simple and it is. A real treat for those looking for healthy, wholesome snacks without chocolate.
Healthy vegan snacks without chocolate
If you’re in the mood for some different, healthy snacks today, here are my suggestions:
- Vegan butter fingers
- Oat cookies with date chunks
- Granola slices
- Twix Bars
- Protein brownies
- Cookie Snack Bites
- Oat peanut cookies
- Quinoa Bites
Healthy vegan recipes – quick and easy
The soft date quinoa slices are perfect with a vegan latte, golden milk or espresso.
The soft date quinoa slices are:
- Gluten free
- Full of healthy micronutrients
- Naturally sweetened
Let’s go with these soft and sweet bars. I wish you a lot of fun baking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Soft quinoa date slices (6 ingredients)
- 90 g puffed quinoa alternatively puffed rice
- 175 g Medjool dates if the dates are very dry, soak them in hot water for 20 minutes, drain them and use them
- 190 g Nut puree
- 20 g Chia seeds
- 20 g hempseed peeled
- 1 tbspn Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Line brownie pan (or other similar sized pan) with baking paper.
- Place dates and nut puree in a blender and blend to a fine paste.175 g Medjool dates, 190 g Nut puree
- If too dry, add a sip of water.90 g puffed quinoa, 20 g Chia seeds, 20 g hempseed, 1 tbspn Cinnamon, 1 Pinch of salt
- Provide a large bowl, add puffed quinoa, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Add date nut paste and mix until everything is well combined.
- Press into brownie pan until batter is even and smooth.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and cut into 10 equal sized bars with a knife and enjoy!
- Place remaining slices in a resealable box and store in refrigerator or freezer. In the refrigerator they last about 1 week, in the freezer up to 4 weeks.