Creamy mushroom soup or is it already autumn again? Yes, it can happen that quickly and the third season is already upon us. At the moment it is raining cats and dogs here and the forest is wrapped in its typical morning haze. We live near the Danube here and in autumn it is often foggy until noon. Then, when I talk to friends in Munich on the phone, I’m often envious when they tell me about bright sunshine. Nevertheless, the fog has something beautiful, just like every season and weather situation. In any case, I’m really looking forward to fresh mushrooms. I would suggest we start this fall with a wonderful mushroom soup. I made them with mushrooms, however any fresh mushrooms of choice will work here. Maybe you have already collected some in the forest? Feel free to let me know in the comments.
Creamy vegan mushroom soup
Once again, this soup can’t be beat for simplicity. It is quick to make and consists of a few ingredients that can be easily found everywhere. The only exotic ingredient is the cashews, but even these can now be found in any well-stocked supermarket. Let’s start with this delicious soup. First, I heat a pan and put a little oil. There is also the possibility of cooking without oil, as a substitute is suitable a little vegetable broth or water. To this add onion and garlic, which are stir-fried. Next, add the mushrooms, which are allowed to sauté until they are translucent. Finally, deglaze with vegetable stock, add a few sprigs of thyme and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
Let’s move on to the refinement options, because depending on your taste, there are various add-ons that you can use:
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Miso (light miso is best here)
- Dried porcini mushrooms for an even more intense flavor
- Lemon juice
TIP: dried porcini mushrooms are not cheap, but give a wonderful flavor even in small quantities. Click here for my favorite product https://amzn.to/3QDYT6p
Vegan soup, made quickly and easily
You can hardly go wrong with this soup because it’s really easy to make. I especially like them as an appetizer or as a main dish with a slice of sourdough bread, gluten-free bread and a tossed salad. Maybe you are lucky enough to get fresh porcini mushrooms directly from the forest, that would of course be the absolute highlight.
For decoration I like to use some chili flakes, fresh thyme sprigs and black sesame seeds. The classic version would be to sprinkle fresh parsley, coarsely chopped over the soup. Maybe you have your very own variant to refine the soup? Then feel free to let me know.
If you’re in the mood for a different autumnal soup today, here are some suggestions for you:
- Vegan broccoli spinach soup
- Soup with sweet potato and red lentils
- Spicy carrot parsnip soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Polish beet soup
- Frittata soup
- Creamy parsnip soup with vanilla
- Pumpkin soup with ginger cream
The creamy vegan mushroom soup is:
- Quick and simple
Are you ready the delicious and tasty, vegan and aromatic soup? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Creamy mushroom soup
- 15 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 60 g red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 600 g Mushrooms or other fresh mushrooms of your choice sliced
- 1500 ml Vegetable broth I use a yeast-free organic vegetable broth
- 4-5 Piece fresh thyme sprigs or 1 tsp dried
- Sea salt to taste to taste, depending on the salt content of the vegetable broth
- black pepper to taste
- 50 g Cashews
TO REFINE (optional):
- Heat soup pot with frying oil on the stove. Sauté garlic and onion until translucent.15 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 60 g red onion
- Add mushrooms and sauté for another 3 minutes until translucent. Deglaze with vegetable stock. Add thyme sprigs, salt (optional) and pepper. Once the soup boils, turn down to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid closed.600 g Mushrooms, 1500 ml Vegetable broth, 4-5 Piece fresh thyme sprigs, Sea salt to taste, black pepper to taste
- When the cooking time is over, put the soup in a blender. Please work carefully as the liquid is very hot, add cashews and blend until a creamy soup is formed. Alternatively, use a magic wand or other hand blender. NOTE: The soup does not have to be completely pureed, you can leave some whole pieces.50 g Cashews
- Divide soup into plates, (optionally) garnish with black sesame seeds, chili flakes and fresh thyme sprigs and enjoy! Keeps up to 2 days covered in the refrigerator, frozen up to 4 weeks. Is very suitable for reheating.Chili flakes, Black sesame, Fresh thyme sprigs