Bircher Muesli is always in demand when I crave a simple, healthy breakfast. Especially in the pre-Christmas season, healthy food often gets a little short shrift. Not that I don’t eat healthy in general, however, I do quite enjoy snacking on my own creations. I love to cook healthy, but Christmas treats use a higher than average amount of sugar and fat. To balance things out, I like something healthy and clean in between meals, like this delicious Bircher Muesli that’s ready in a snap. In the screw jar also ideal TO GO.
Vegan Bircher Muesli
This delicious and quick breakfast is perfect to prepare and easy to take with you the next morning. I usually use a canning jar with a screw lid for this, or a special breakfast box. The night before, it takes just 5 minutes to stir everything together and then it’s off to the fridge. Sleep once and everything is perfect. Now you just get to think about whether you want an extra topping on your healthy breakfast.
As usual, the ingredient list is short and crisp. Oatmeal, carrot, apple, ginger, oatmeal, vegetable milk, creamy yogurt or cottage cheese, sunflower seeds and maple syrup. That was it!
Healthy vegan muesli recipes
Who invented it? Interestingly, a Swiss named Maximilian Oskar Bircher Benner. The doctor laid the foundation for the popular breakfast 150 years ago. At that time he served muesli to his patients as a dietary food and nowadays we still love it because of its healthy properties.
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods. They contain important vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and vegetable protein. At the same time, they have little fat and provide the highest content of vitamin B1 and B6 of all cereals.
NOTE: Depending on how you like your granola, you can use small leaf or large leaf rolled oats. Small leaf oatmeal is a little softer and doesn’t have as much bite as the large leaf variety. Of course, you can use other cereals depending on what you have at home. A delicious gluten-free option would be buckwheat flakes, for example.
If you’re looking for a different breakfast idea today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Chickpeas omelet
- Chunky Monkey Granola
- Baked oatmeal “Chocolate-banana
- Warming porridge with turmeric
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
- Chunky Monkey Granola
- Banana Toffee Porridge
The Bircher Muesli is:
- Pleasantly sweet
- Ideal TO-GO
Get started with this Bircher dream that will sweeten your day first thing in the morning. I wish you a lot of fun with the imitation and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
- 100 g Oatmeal gluten free, I use tender small leaf oatmeal
- 1 Piece small carrot grated
- ½ Piece Apple Core removed, grated
- 20 g Ginger peeled and finely grated
- 250 ml Plant milk I use oat milk
- 45 g Yogurt I use creamy coconut yogurt
- 30 g Sunflower seeds
- 80 g Raisins
- 22 ml maple syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice
- FOR THE BIRCHER MÜSLI Put oatmeal, carrot, apple, ginger, sunflower seeds and raisins in a bowl and mix. Add yogurt, maple syrup and vegetable milk in and mix until well combined. Enjoy immediately and add desired toppings, or seal or refrigerate overnight.100 g Oatmeal, 1 Piece small carrot, ½ Piece Apple, 20 g Ginger, 250 ml Plant milk, 45 g Yogurt, 30 g Sunflower seeds, 80 g Raisins, 22 ml maple syrup
- TIP: For a TO GO version, pour into a resealable jar.