Apricot pudding cake is perfect for a summer coffee party. It is soon the end of August and finally the weather has become a bit more summery. It’s been cold and rainy for weeks, but now it’s finally time for extended outdoor parties. This cake is simply a hit, especially with the combination of the tartness from the apricot and the sweetness from the shortbread, pudding and the fine sprinkles. Let’s get started together.
Vegan apricot pudding cake
Our cake today consists of three simple steps. The base is a simple shortcrust pastry, and the filling consists of a package of pudding and fresh ripe apricots. The whole thing is topped with a portion of homemade crumble. This combination is just delicious.
The recipe is especially suitable for those who usually bake classically with milk, eggs and cream. Since more and more people eat vegan, it can happen that vegan guests announce themselves and you want to offer them something special. I can attest to the fact that vegans are especially happy when mixed-fooders go to the trouble of baking something extra.
I am sure that many do not even notice if animal products were baked in this cake. Whether you mix the pudding powder with cow’s milk or with plant milk makes little difference to the taste. It is the same with margarine, which is also very similar in taste to butter. Of course, there are subtle differences in taste here, but I find that it comes out less when baking.
Vegan summer cakes
The apricots in the cake are certainly a highlight. I use fresh ripe apricots because they are healthy and full of nutrients. If we take a look at the vital substances, we find particularly high levels of immune-boosting vitamin C, provitamin A and large amounts of magnesium, potassium, iron and phosphorus. This also makes it a real mineral bomb and has a positive effect on muscles, nerves and circulation.
TIP: I always buy organic quality, especially stone fruits. These can absorb a lot of pesticides and other chemicals through the thin shell.
If you feel like a different cake today, I recommend the following variations:
- Coffee cake with cinnamon sugar
- Cherry chocolate cake
- Pear pie
- Chocolate cake
- Poppy seed cake (gluten free)
- Poppy seed lemon cake
- Semolina cake
Let’s get started with this fine cake that will sweeten any summer coffee gathering. I hope you have fun making it and of course I’m happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Apricot pudding cake
FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
FOR THE FILLING:
- Prepare springform pan, line with baking paper and grease sides as needed.
- Prepare flaxseed egg for shortbread and set aside.1 Piece Flaxseed egg
- FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY Place flour, raw cane sugar, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, margarine and flaxseed egg in a blender and blend until uniform. Alternatively, work by hand.250 g Flour, 60 g Raw cane sugar, 1 tbspn Baking powder, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla, 125 g Margarine, 1 Piece Flaxseed egg
- Pour directly into the springform pan and press evenly into the pan. Pull up edges 3 cm. Poke a few holes with a fork. Put in the refrigerator.
- FOR THE FILLING prepare a portion of vanilla pudding according to package instructions. As a rule, take away 6 tablespoons of vegetable milk (from 500ml), mix with the powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar.1 Pack Vanilla pudding powder, 500 ml Plant milk, 30 g Raw cane sugar
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil and pour in the pudding mixture. Bring to a boil while stirring and wait for it to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now preheat oven to 180 degrees convection (200 degrees top and bottom heat).
- FOR THE CRUMBLE Knead the flour, sugar, cinnamon and margarine with your hands until you get a crumbly dough. Set aside.125 g Flour, 60 g Raw cane sugar, 1 tbspn Cinnamon, 80 g Margarine
- Remove shortcrust pastry from refrigerator and place halved apricots, cut edge up, in a circle in springform pan. Pour hot pudding directly on top and smooth. Spread streusel over the cake.
- Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store remaining pieces in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.