Sweet potato gnocchi with pesto is really something very fine. I’ve stressed before that I’m a big fan of orange vegetables and fruits in the fall and winter. Nature has certainly thought of something by providing us with these bright colors especially in the darker season. In addition to the mood-boosting effect, orange vegetables are also full of important vitamins such as provitamin A. Reason enough to stock up on sweet potatoes and pumpkin as soon as possible.
Vegan sweet potato gnocchi with pesto
Sweet potato gnocchi are not really quick to make, but you will need only 3 ingredients and that is a sweet potato, flour and salt. The sweet potato is cut into pieces and put in the oven with a little olive oil. There it may roast until soft. Then I put them in the blender together with flour and a little salt and process them into a uniform, compact dough. Portion, roll into a strand with your hands and cut into pieces. If you like, you can press a pattern into it with a fork. I’m saving myself the step, though.
TIP: Sweet potatoes do not produce solanine in their skins, unlike potatoes. Therefore, the shell can and should even be eaten. It contains a substance called Caiapo, which is very healthy and can help with diabetes and high cholesterol.
Make vegan gnocchi yourself
If you’re looking for another dish with sweet potato today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Sweet potato rosemary spread
- Sweet potato hummus
- Sweet potato brownie
- Sweet potato and beans stew
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Mexican Style
- Sweet Potato Wedges
The sweet potato gnocchi with pesto are
- Slightly sweetish
- Easy to make
Well, fancy some delicious vegan gnocchi? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Sweet potato gnocchi with pesto
FOR THE GNOCCHI:
- Vegan parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (200 degrees Celsius top and bottom heat) and line a baking tray with baking paper or a baking mat.
- Spread sweet potato cubes on baking sheet and add olive oil. Run through with your hands or cooking spoon so that the olive oil is well distributed. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until cubes are nicely browned and soft.30 ml Oil, 500 g Sweet potato
- Remove from oven and place in a blender with flour and salt. Mix until a compact dough is formed.150 g Spelt flour, 1 tbspn Salt
- Place on a floured cutting board, cut into 4 equal pieces. Take one portion at a time, flour hands and roll into a round strand.
- Using a dough scraper or knife, divide into approximately 2cm pieces until the dough is used up.
- Dust gnocchi with a little flour to keep them from sticking together.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Carefully add gnocchi and cook until they float to the top. Skim and transfer to a plate.
- Heat the pan and add a little olive oil. Add the gnocchi and sauté. Mix in the pesto and serve with vegan parmesan and cress.Vegan parmesan, Cress, 45 g Pesto of choice
- enjoy! Best fresh, but also suitable for freezing.