Indian pan with peppers and tofu is just right when you want something different. When looking for a quick dish, people usually reach for the classic pasta, forgetting how many simple and quick recipes there actually are. I still had some peppers in the fridge that absolutely had to go and immediately took the opportunity to make something Indian out of them. Beautiful spices, great colors and a slight spiciness. Together with rice, it makes a great, wholesome dish. Let’s get started together.
Indian pan with peppers and tofu
Let’s start with the garnish today. I use light basmati rice, mainly because it looks better in the photos. From a nutritional point of view, this is not the most sensible statement, but the eye also eats. At your house, you can also use other side dishes, I’m thinking whole grain basmati, quinoa, or even my delicious cauliflower rice.
The preparation is done in two steps, sautéing the tofu and making the paprika vegetables. I use a classic tofu natural, which I cut into cubes and fry in a little oil. Then I take it out of the pan again and continue in the same pan with the vegetables. Sauté onion, add cumin, paprika, chili, coriander and briefly fry the spices. Tomato paste, red bell bell pepper, yellow bell bell pepper, ginger, lemon juice, and coconut blossom sugar. That’s all, stir, cover and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
TIP: The spiciness is a major factor in this dish. I use two small Bird Eye chilies, which provide the ideal level of heat for me. Here you can decide for yourself which chili is right for you. There is now an infinitely large selection.
Vegan Indian dishes fast and easy
Other than that, there’s really not much that can go wrong with this simple Indian skillet dish. For decoration, I use black sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Parsley is also a good choice here, depending on what you have at home.
Looking for another vegan oriental dish? Then I recommend you the following delicacies:
- Cauliflower with tofu in kolhapuri sauce
- Indian Potato Stir Fry
- Simple spinach curry
- Chickpeas Tikka Masala
- Vegan “Butter Chicken
- Crispy Tandoori Chickpea Pizza
- Salad with tikka vegetables and coconut chutney
- Creamy korma curry with cauliflower and peas
The Indian pan with peppers and tofu is:
- High protein
- Slightly sharp
- Easy to make
Well, fancy a delicious Indian pan? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Indian pan with peppers and tofu
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 120 g red onion
- 1 tbspn Cumin
- 1 tbspn Paprika smoked, if no smoked in the house, simply use noble sweet paprika powder
- 2 Bird Eye Chili
- ½ tbspn Coriander powder
- 45 g Tomato paste
- 1 Piece red bell bell pepper Core removed and cut into strips
- 1 Piece yellow bell bell pepper Core removed and cut into strips
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 1 tbspn Ginger Freshly grated
- 1 tbspn Coconut blossom sugar
- Black sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander
- If rice or other side dish is to be served with it, prepare now.
- FOR THE TOFU Provide a large pot and let the olive oil get hot. Add the tofu cubes and fry for a few minutes. Remove from pot, place in a bowl and set aside.15 ml Olive oil, 400 g Tofu natural
- FOR THE VEGETABLES Add olive oil to the same pot. Sauté red onion, add in cumin, paprika, bird eye chili, coriander powder and sauté. Add tomato paste, red bell bell pepper, yellow bell bell pepper, ginger and coconut blossom sugar and continue to sauté until the peppers have softened a bit. Add lemon juice and optionally a small sip of water, put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in tofu and add a little water as needed.30 ml Olive oil, 120 g red onion, 1 tbspn Cumin, 1 tbspn Paprika, 2 Bird Eye Chili, ½ tbspn Coriander powder, 45 g Tomato paste, 1 Piece red bell bell pepper, 1 Piece yellow bell bell pepper, 1 tbspn Ginger, 1 tbspn Coconut blossom sugar, 15 ml Lemon juice
- Arrange rice on plates, add vegetables and finish with black sesame seeds and cilantro. enjoy! Best fresh.Black sesame seeds, Fresh coriander
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information