Vegan lasagna soup is certainly not a new invention, but I had to make it anyway and to my liking. I love Italian dishes, especially lasagna in every imaginable variation. So why not make a soup out of it? Especially when it’s cold, uncomfortable and stormy outside, a warm soup is twice the fun. It’s also a great and faster alternative to a proper lasagna from the oven, which yes usually takes an hour or more. I invite you today to definitely try this delicious dish. Let’s get started together.
Vegan lasagna soup
The preparation is quick and easy and there are only a few things to consider, but more on that later. First we need a large pot in which I heat some oil. Add onion, garlic granules (or fresh garlic), dried tomatoes, tomato paste, mixed vegetables (I use celery, carrots, mushrooms and zucchini). This is all already sweated and cooked a little soft. Then I deglaze it with some vegetable broth, add Italian herbs, some pepper and tomatoes. For extra vegetable protein and because of the nice bite, I add in soy shreds. Perfect!
Now all that’s missing are the lasagna sheets and this is where it gets a little tricky for the first time. I break the lasagna sheets into small pieces because the large sheets would be a bit impractical. After I add it to the pot with the other ingredients, it’s important to keep stirring. The lasagna sheets stick together easily and do not cook well. A little attention is required here so that the noodle sheets cook evenly and do not stick together.
Note: You can use gluten-free lasagna sheets to make a gluten-free version in a snap.
Simple vegan Italian dishes
Now nothing can really go wrong, unless you overcook the pasta sheets or you don’t add enough liquid. This can both cause the soup to become mushy or the leaves to not be cooked through. Finally, I add vegan parmesan on top and fresh parsley. Perfect!
If you’re in the mood for a different soup today, here are my suggestions:
- Soup with sweet potatoes and red lentils
- Spicy carrot parsnip soup
- Root vegetable soup
- Polish beetroot soup
- Gazpacho soup
- Frittata soup
- Thai soup
- Tuscan bean soup
- Peanut butter curry soup
The simple vegan lasagna soup is:
- Fruity Tomato
- Like lasagna
- High protein
- Easy to make
Vegan lasagna soup
- 1 tbspn Olive oil
- 1 Piece Red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbspn Garlic granules
- 30 g Dried tomatoes
- 2 tbspn Tomato paste
- 200 g mixed vegetables I use carrots, celery, zucchini, mushroom
- 1000 ml Vegetable broth
- 2 tbspn Italian herbs
- 400 g Tomatoes Quartered and peeled
- 75 g Soy cutlets
- 250 g Lasagna sheets broken into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Vegan parmesan
- Fresh parsley or basil
- FOR THE SOUP provide a large pot. Heat olive oil in it. Add the red onion and sauté. Add garlic granules and continue to sweat. Add in the dried tomatoes and tomato paste and continue to sauté.1 tbspn Olive oil, 1 Piece Red onion, 1 tbspn Garlic granules, 30 g Dried tomatoes, 2 tbspn Tomato paste
- Add mixed vegetables and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Deglaze with some vegetable stock and continue to simmer. The vegetables should now be soft but still firm to the bite.200 g mixed vegetables, 1000 ml Vegetable broth
- Add Italian herbs, canned tomatoes and soy cutlets. Continue to stir and deglaze with the remaining vegetable stock. Add in lasagna sheets and gently stir to combine. Cook for about another 10 minutes, until the lasagna sheets are soft.2 tbspn Italian herbs, 400 g Tomatoes, 75 g Soy cutlets, 250 g Lasagna sheets
- IMPORTANT: The lasagna sheets need enough liquid to become soft, add more vegetable stock if necessary.
- Season to taste and divide into plates. Garnish with vegan parmesan and fresh parsley and enjoy! Best fresh.Salt to taste, Pepper to taste, Vegan parmesan, Fresh parsley or basil