Smoothie bowls, overnight oats and other great things are incredibly popular at the moment, but sometimes it just has to be a spelt bread, with vegan butter, jam, chocolate spread or maybe a banana. Yes, I am a breadlover and nothing is more fun for me than to spoil my family with a freshly baked bread. Get a pleasure?
Spelt bread homemade
The recipe for homemade spelt bread is really child’s play, promised.
You only need 9 ingredients and you decide the topping yourself. Pumpkin seeds? Sunflower seeds, or rather flaxseed?
35 minutes of baking and 15 minutes of preparation sounds really good, doesn’t it? It is hardly worth going to the baker and homemade bread tastes much better.
The simple vegan spelt bread is:
- Super simple
- Inside loose
- Outside crispy
- with crisp grains
- Simply perfect
Come on! I wish you a lot of fun baking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
simple vegan spelt bread
- 360 ml lukewarm water
- ¾ tbspn Dry yeast ~ 1 package
- 30 ml Maple syrup or another vegan sweetener
- 1 tbspn Sea salt
- 1 tbspn Linseed meal*
- 272 g Whole spelt flour
- 272 g light spelt flour type 630 or type 1050
- 2 tbspn Pumpkin seeds
- A little olive oil for greasing
- For the dough, first place the warm water together with the yeast, maple syrup, salt, flaxseeds and flours in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, you can use a food processor with a dough attachment. Mix to a even dough, remove from the bowl and place on a floured work surface (I use a silicone mat). Knead with your hands to a smooth dough and return to a lightly oiled bowl.360 ml lukewarm water, ¾ tbspn Dry yeast, 30 ml Maple syrup or another, 1 tbspn Sea salt, 1 tbspn Linseed meal*, 272 g Whole spelt flour, 272 g light spelt flour type 630 or type 1050
- Place in a warm place without draught and let go for 2 hours.
- At the end of the baking time, preheat the oven to 220 degrees convection (240 degrees top-bottom heat). Place a small heatproof bowl with water in the oven, so the bread will rise even better. Alternatively, bake the bread with a preset program in the steam cooker.
- Put the dough on the work surface again and knead briefly. Form a small hollow and add the pumpkin seeds. Grease the box with a little olive oil and add the dough. Put in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the bread has turned nicely golden brown.2 tbspn Pumpkin seeds, A little olive oil for greasing
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the baking pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the mould and allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy and loosely smash leftovers into a kitchen towel and store in a bread basket. Cut into slices for longer storage and bake in the toaster if necessary.