Smoothie bowls, overnight oats and other great things are incredibly popular at the moment, but sometimes it just has to be a spelt bread, with vegan butter, jam, chocolate spread or maybe a banana. Yes, I am a breadlover and nothing is more fun for me than to spoil my family with a freshly baked bread. Get a pleasure?
Spelt bread homemade
The recipe for homemade spelt bread is really child’s play, promised.
The simple vegan spelt bread is:
- Super simple
- Inside loose
- Outside crispy
- with crisp grains
- Simply perfect
Come on! I wish you a lot of fun baking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
simple vegan spelt bread
- For the dough, first place the warm water together with the yeast, maple syrup, salt, flaxseeds and flours in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Alternatively, you can use a food processor with a dough attachment. Mix to a even dough, remove from the bowl and place on a floured work surface (I use a silicone mat). Knead with your hands to a smooth dough and return to a lightly oiled bowl.360 ml lukewarm water, ¾ tbspn Dry yeast, 30 ml Maple syrup or another, 1 tbspn Sea salt, 1 tbspn Linseed meal*, 272 g Whole spelt flour, 272 g light spelt flour type 630 or type 1050
- Place in a warm place without draught and let go for 2 hours.
- At the end of the baking time, preheat the oven to 220 degrees convection (240 degrees top-bottom heat). Place a small heatproof bowl with water in the oven, so the bread will rise even better. Alternatively, bake the bread with a preset program in the steam cooker.
- Put the dough on the work surface again and knead briefly. Form a small hollow and add the pumpkin seeds. Grease the box with a little olive oil and add the dough. Put in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the bread has turned nicely golden brown.2 tbspn Pumpkin seeds, A little olive oil for greasing
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the baking pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the mould and allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy and loosely smash leftovers into a kitchen towel and store in a bread basket. Cut into slices for longer storage and bake in the toaster if necessary.