Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes. It’s time, time for sun. The winter was really long and the sun didn’t show up for weeks at times. That’s why today we have this wonderful pasta with sun-dried tomatoes. This pasta really puts you in the mood because it makes you glow from the inside. I will be allowed to bathe in the sun again next week after a long time. Curious now? Then follow me on Instagram and come with me on an exciting journey.
Pasta with sun dried tomatoes
Today’s recipe definitely falls into the quick and easy category. Make sauce, cook pasta, mix and you have our quick and delicious dish. For the sauce with sun-dried tomatoes we need olive oil, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic granules (or fresh garlic), Italian herbs, paprika, chili, corn starch, nutritional yeast and water.
With the pasta you are spoiled for choice, because all pasta varieties harmonize just wonderfully in this dish. I use strozzapreti, but you can also use very classic penne or even spaghetti . Good news also for our gluten-free eaters, as gluten-free pasta in all variations also works with it.
TIP: There is one small but subtle thing to note about this recipe and that is the salt content in the sun-dried tomatoes. Depending on the variety, this can be higher or lower and quickly oversalt the dish. Just taste a small piece of your sun-dried tomatoes to determine how high the salt content is. If they taste quite salty, I recommend using water rather than vegetable broth.
Vegan pasta dishes quick and easy
Other than that, there’s not much to consider with this quick and easy dish. If you want to add in an extra green boost, I recommend a handful of spinach or kale, which contain valuable fiber, blood-building iron, and valuable minerals like potassium and calcium.
Looking for another vegan pasta dish? Then I recommend you the following delicacies:
- Spaghetti with vegan spinach sauce
- Arugula Pesto Pasta
- Mexican Fajita Pasta
- High Protein Pasta
- Pasta alla Norma
- Bolognese with kale and tofu
- Pasta with paprika nut sauce
- Crispy breaded eggplant and creamy pasta
- Walnut Bolognese
The pasta with sun-dried tomatoes is:
- High protein
- Easy to make
Well, fancy a delicious vegan pasta variant with sun-dried tomatoes? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Pasta with sun dried tomatoes
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 120 g red onion
- 100 g sun dried tomatoes please test salt content, if very salty, do not use vegetable broth but water
- 1 tbspn Garlic granules fresh, or 2 cloves of garlic fresh
- 1 tbspn Paprika powder
- 2 tbspn Italian herbs
- 1 Bird Eye Chili or other chili of choice
- 30 g Tomato paste
- 500 ml Vegetable broth alternatively water, more as needed
- 2 tbspn Cornstarch mix with 4 tablespoons of water
- 15 g Nutritional yeast flakes
- 250 g Pasta of choice I use rigatoni
- Vegan parmesan
- Fresh parsley
- Cook pasta of choice (according to package directions) and set aside.250 g Pasta of choice
- FOR THE SAUCE Provide a large pot and let the olive oil get hot.30 ml Olive oil
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add dried tomatoes and garlic granules, Italian herbs, Bird Eye Chili and tomato paste and continue to sweat.120 g red onion, 100 g sun dried tomatoes, 1 tbspn Garlic granules, 2 tbspn Italian herbs, 1 Bird Eye Chili, 30 g Tomato paste
- Deglaze with about half of the vegetable stock. Dissolve cornstarch in 4 tablespoons water and add to sauce. Stir until it thickens a bit. Stir in nutritional yeast flakes and season to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.500 ml Vegetable broth, 2 tbspn Cornstarch, 15 g Nutritional yeast flakes
- Stir in pasta and divide among plates. Garnish with parmesan and fresh parsley and enjoy!Vegan parmesan, Fresh parsley
- Sauce (without pasta) keeps up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat with a little water or in the steamer.