Oat bran base recipe, because sometimes it’s the simple things that are best. More and more domestic farmers are converting from traditional farming to organic farming. That’s exactly what two farmers did near here and founded the company VOI GUAD (in high German “voll gut”). Together with selected partner farms, they grow domestic oats in organic quality and make oat milk and oat bran from them. They pay particular attention to gentle soil cultivation and ensure that the fertility of the soil is preserved in a natural way. VOI GUAD recently provided me with a sample pack and I thought I’d just make a recipe out of it.
Oat bran base recipe
First, I want to briefly discuss what oat bran actually is. Unlike oatmeal, it is not made from whole oat grains, but from the outer marginal layers and the germ. This is exactly where valuable vitamins, minerals and other important micronutrients are found in particularly high concentrations. These include vitamins B1, B2 and B5, folic acid, iron, manganese, zinc, selenium and magnesium. Very interesting is also the fact that the contained dietary fiber beta-glucan can positively influence the cholesterol level.
NOTE: Oat bran contains a tad more protein (15 grams) than rolled oats (13 grams). This makes it particularly interesting as a valuable source of vegetable protein for people on a vegan diet.
So oat bran is healthy and delicious, so perfect for daily breakfast. It is especially recommended in the cooler seasons because a warm breakfast in the morning literally warms you from the inside out. When it’s grown by such loving families here in the area, it tastes twice as delicious.
Vegan breakfast with oat bran
There are no limits when it comes to seasoning, as well as the choice of toppings. For example, you can make an Ayurvedic version of it with fine spices like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, turmeric black pepper and cloves. Alternatively, just eat it the classic way with a dollop of coconut yogurt and fresh fruit, nuts or seeds.
Sounds perfect? Is perfect. Oat bran should definitely have a permanent place in your pantry, it’s worth it.
If you’re looking for a different, healthy breakfast today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Millet porridge
- Coconut Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Bircher muesli
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Banana Toffee Porridge
- Chai porridge with tahini caramel
The oat bran (base recipe) is:
- Easy to manufacture
- Sweet by nature
- Full of healthy micronutrients
- rich in B vitamins
- Very versatile
Get started with this warm and healthy breakfast, for a perfect start to the day. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Oat bran (basic recipe)
FOR THE PORRIDGE:
- 300 ml Plant milk I use oat milk
- 100 ml Water
- 50 g Oat bran I use the oat bran from VOI GUAD
- ½ tbspn Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbspn Coconut yogurt
- 1 tbspn maple syrup
- Chopped pistachios (optional)
- Roasted pecans (optional)
- Provide a pot. Pour in vegetable milk and water and heat. Add oat bran while stirring and refine with cinnamon. Boil for about 2 minutes and leave to swell for 10 minutes.300 ml Plant milk, 100 ml Water, 50 g Oat bran, ½ tbspn Cinnamon powder
- Place oat bran in a plate and garnish with toppings of choice. enjoy! Best fresh.2 tbspn Coconut yogurt, 1 tbspn maple syrup, Chopped pistachios, Roasted pecans