Make your own vegan cream is an absolute basic recipe. I always have a homemade cream made from cashews in the fridge because I virtually always have use for it. The application possibilities are almost endless. Starting with a simple pasta, to the morning porridge. The advantage of the cream is that you can keep it in the refrigerator for a few days. I use an airtight sealable jar for this. Depending on what I’m doing, I take out a portion. I think everyone should have a homemade cashew cream in their fridge. Let’s get started together.
Make vegan cashew cream yourself
The preparation is super simple, because the cream consists of only two ingredients. Cashews and water. The only thing that really matters is a good blender. For this, I use my Blendtec, a high-powered blender that gets the cashews really small without soaking. If you don’t have a high-powered blender at home, then I recommend soaking the cashews. Here I have written a tutorial on how to properly soak cashews.
TIP: I always buy cashews from sustainable sources, for example Rapunzel, who run a cooperative to support local women workers and provide a fair income.
Otherwise, there is nothing to consider in the preparation of cashew cream. One more thing could be interesting, because directly after mixing the cream is still quite liquid. Then once it’s been in the fridge for a night, it thickens up and gets really nice and creamy. Other than that, there are a few things you can’t do with this cream. It’s not whippable, so it’s not really an alternative to conventional cream when it comes to that. Here I would always go for whippable, vegan product.
Make vegan cream yourself
I hope it made you want to recreate the cream. In any case, I am totally thrilled. Here are some suggestions for using the vegan cream:
- Summer quinoa bowl
- Creamy red pasta
- Vegan zoodles with spaghetti
- Vegan cucumber gazpacho
- Roasted peppers and tomato soup
- Soup with sweet potatoes and red lentils
- Bircher muesli
The simple vegan cashew cream is :
- Super fast made
- Good durable
- Few ingredients
Do you love vegan cream as much as I do? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
- Screw cap
- 140 g Cashews
- 250 ml Water
- If blender is not particularly powerful, soak cashews using one of these methods. When using a high-performance blender such as Blendtec, this step is not necessary.
- Place cashews and water in a high-powered blender and blend on high speed for 60 seconds until a uniform liquid is formed. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate or use immediately.140 g Cashews, 250 ml Water
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.