Summer quinoa bowl? You don’t have to ask me twice, because I’m the biggest fan of bowls. They are quick and easy to make and very good to prepare. I also often meet people who say they can’t eat well when they are at work. This is exactly where bowls come in, as they are perfect as a to-go dish. The individual components can be combined according to your mood and in the end the dressing is still the crown on this delicious dish. Quick, easy, uncomplicated and above all much cheaper than many dishes that you buy quickly at lunchtime for lack of alternatives.
Summer quinoa bowl
Our bowl consists essentially of two components. The vegetables, quinoa, black beans and a salad of choice form the base. It comes with a delicious dressing with tahini, which is really nice and creamy and super aromatic. As a topping I use pumpkin seeds or sometimes I like to use sesame seeds. I decide that depending on my mood.
For the vegetable part, I opted for cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and fresh arugula. In addition, black beans, which I particularly like in bowl. They provide good satiety, thanks to complex carbohydrates and vegetable protein. The mixture makes the difference, I would say.
Now all that’s missing is the tahini dressing, which is whipped together in no time. Overall a fine thing, quickly made and irresistibly delicious.
TIP: When it comes to vegetables, you can use whatever is in season. I can also imagine spring onion, zucchini, kohlrabi, carrots or red cabbage very well in this bowl.
Quick and easy vegan dishes to go
Today’s dish is really quick to prepare, especially if you’ve already precooked quinoa. Our bowl today is easy to fall in love with and a quick and inexpensive alternative for a healthy lunch at work.
A nice side benefit is the fact that the bowl is packed with healthy ingredients. Vegetable proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates make them unbeatable to the pizza from the Italian around the corner. So it’s definitely worth preparing a bowl more often.
If you are looking for other quick and healthy recipes today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Chickpeas Tikka Masala
- Vegan jambalaya
- Burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh
- Burger with black beans
- Falafel patties with black beans
- High Protein Pasta
- Eggplant tomato pan
- Quick Masala Chickpea Curry
The summer quinoa bowl is:
- High protein
- Easy to make
Craving this healthy, hearty bowl? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Summer quinoa bowl
FOR THE DRESSING:
FOR THE BOWL:
- Pumpkin seeds to taste
- If not already done, cook quinoa according to package directions. To do this, use one-third of the amount indicated above. The weight and volume increases 3 times during cooking.
- FOR THE DFRESSING Place tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and warm water in a blender and blend until a creamy dressing is formed. Yes add more water to taste to make the dressing more liquid.60 g Tahini, 15 ml maple syrup, 30 ml Lemon juice, ½ tbspn Garlic powder, ¼ tbspn Salt, Black pepper to taste, 60 ml warm water for dilution
- FOR THE BOWL Divide quinoa, cucumber, black beans, arugula, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves into two bowls and pour the dressing on top. Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!200 g Quinoa, 400 g Cucumber, 400 g black beans, 50 g Arugula, 6 Piece Cherry tomatoes, 6 Piece Basil leaves, Pumpkin seeds to taste
- TIP: If taking the bowl to go, add the dressing on top just before serving and store in an extra container.