Step by step instructions for making a 2-ingredient frosting for decorating baked goods.
Vegan chocolate frosting
TIP: It is essential that the coconut milk be cool so that the coconut cream separates well from the liquid. I use a 60% coconut milk and not a light version.
When it comes to dark vegan chocolate, it pays to go for a good quality. Some chocolates are very bitter and this naturally affects the taste of the frosting. I have linked the chocolate I use below.
The frosting needs time to cool, so allow at least 2 hours for it to be ready to use. Once it’s firm, whip it up again to make it really nice and creamy. I use a simple spoon, but it also works with a hand mixer or other blender.
Chocolate Frosting oil free (2 ingredients)
- Melt the chocolate carefully over a water bath.250 g dark vegan chocolate
- Open the chilled coconut milk and skim only the coconut cream (not the liquid batter) from the can and add to the melted chocolate. Mix together carefully and put in the refrigerator¾ Cup Coconut cream
- After about 2 hours, the frosting is firm enough to be processed further.
- Remove from refrigerator and whip with a spoon or hand mixer (or similar mixer). If the mixture is too firm, let it stand at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Decorate cakes, or other baked goods with it at will.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and whip again as desired.