Watermelon salad is simple and ingenious at the same time. I especially love it on hot days when I’m not sure what to eat. I usually make a tossed salad on summer days, but why not just make a fruity salad with refreshing watermelon? Onion, cucumber and avocado just go great with it. To add a slight spiciness, I add mild jalapeños. Sounds great, doesn’t it? I think so too. So let’s not waste time and get started together.
Watermelon salad, vegan and refreshing
This salad is not only quick, it’s lightning quick to make and it only takes (I’ve been keeping up) 15 minutes if you hurry. If you need to pick up a package at the door or call your best friend in between, 15 minutes can quickly turn into an hour.
For the salad, I put the watermelon cubes, avocado, cucumber, onion and mint in a large salad bowl. I mix the dressing with olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup and salt. It also comes right over the salad and is mixed gently. Not to forget the vegan feta, but I add it optionally. Often it is not so easy to get and you have to be lucky to find a good quality. I must honestly confess that I don’t like most conventional vegan feta products because they have a very intense and artificial taste. So if you can’t find one, just leave it out.
Watermelons are very healthy and consist of up to 95 percent water. But that doesn’t mean the rest doesn’t have it in them. The fruit is rich in lycopene, a phytochemical that can act as an antioxidant to protect your immune system. In addition, there is vitamin A, which is found in watermelon in the form of carotenoids. In addition, there is a substance called citrulline, an amino acid that is converted to arginine in the body and ensures that the blood vessels dilate.
TIP: If you don’t have watermelon on hand, then you can use any other type of melon in this salad.
Summer vegan salads
I think it’s time to make this lovely salad. I hope you’re as big a fan of this lettuce and corn combo as I am. Otherwise, I have some more suggestions for you here:
- Simple vegan potato salad
- Potato salad with wild garlic pesto
- Simple 3 beans salad
- Pasta salad with cashew tomato pesto
- Vegan couscous salad
- Creamy pasta salad with cucumber
- Creamy jackfruit salad
- Vegan lentil salad with leeks
The watermelon salad is:
- Full of healthy nutrients
- simply made
Well, did you get a craving for this delicious vegan watermelon salad? I wish you a lot of fun with the imitation and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1500 g Watermelon small, 1 piece, peeled and diced
- 100 g Cucumber diced
- 70 g Onion small, diced
- 1 Piece Avocado peeled and diced
- 100 g Feta vegan, torn into small crumbs
- 5-6 Piece Mint leaves Roughly cut
- Mild green jalapeños cut into rings
- Fresh mint leaves
- FOR THE DRESSING Add olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup and salt to a small bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside.30 ml Olive oil, 30 ml Lime juice, 15 ml maple syrup, ½ tbspn Salt
- FOR THE SALAD provide a large salad bowl. Add watermelon cubes, cucumber, onion, avocado, feta and mint leaves and pour the dressing on top. Mix carefully until everything is well combined.1500 g Watermelon, 100 g Cucumber, 70 g Onion, 1 Piece Avocado, 100 g Feta, 5-6 Piece Mint leaves
- Garnish with mild green jalapeños and fresh mint leaves and enjoy!Mild green jalapeños, Fresh mint leaves
- Best fresh. Store remaining lettuce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no more than one day.