Plum cake, or rather plum cake today once gluten-free. The plum season is in full swing and I can hardly keep up with the harvesting. We have a lot of plum trees in the garden and even with the greatest effort I can not get everything from the tree. However, I have already discarded perfectionism, because what I can not harvest, the insects are happy about it. There hasn’t been a pure gluten-free cake on the blog for a while, and today it’s finally back. Are you ready? Then let’s get started together.
Vegan gluten free plum cake
The base of our cake today is a shortbread. The consists of gluten-free flour mix, oat flour, vegan margarine, raw cane sugar and ice cold water. Once everything is ready , the dough goes into the refrigerator until the crumble and plums are prepared.
Then the shortcrust pastry is topped with the delicious, juicy plums and then? All that’s missing are the crumbles made from gluten-free flour mix, margarine, raw cane sugar, bourbon vanilla and cinnamon. Once everything has found its place, then it’s off to the oven.
How healthy are actually plums?
Plums (damsons) are delicious, healthy and rich in:
- Zinc, iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Provitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C and E
- Low calorie with 48kcal/100g
- Cellulose and pectin (digestive)
I like to serve the cake while it’s still lukewarm with a dollop of cream and some extra cinnamon. Add to that a delicious hot drink and my day is made. If you are looking for a different fruitcake today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Juicy currant cake
- Blackberry chocolate cake
- Blueberry pie
- Sponge cake with peaches
- Vegan plum doughnut (not gluten-free)
- Apple hazelnut cake
Let’s get started with this ingenious Zwetschgendatschi. I hope you enjoy baking and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Plum cake (gluten free)
FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
FOR THE COVER:
- 600 g fresh plums washed, seeded and halved
- FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY Place gluten-free flour, oat flour, margarine, raw cane sugar and water in a large baking bowl and mix with your hands or a food processor to form a uniform dough.200 g Flour, 50 g Oatmeal, 125 g vegan margarine, 60 g Raw cane sugar, 30 ml Cold water, ¼ tbspn Xanthan Gum
- Place shortcrust pastry in a springform pan and flatten with your hands to fit the pan. (Optional) work with a small dough roller. With a fork, press a few holes in the bottom so that the dough does not bulge during baking.
- NOTE: The dough is welcome to rest in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Otherwise, preheat the oven to 180 degrees (top and bottom heat).
- FOR THE CRUMBLE Place gluten-free flour mix, oat flour, margarine, raw cane sugar, bourbon vanilla and cinnamon powder in a large bowl and knead well with your hands. The dimensions should hold together, but also crumble easily. Set aside. If too mushy, add a little more flour. If too dry a sip of vegetable milk.100 g gluten free flour mix, 50 g Oatmeal, 100 g vegan margarine, 80 g Raw cane sugar, ½ tbspn Bourbon vanilla, 1 tbspn Cinnamon powder
- Cover the dough base closely with the halved plums and crumble crumbs over them with your hands.600 g fresh plums
- Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Cut into pieces, place on a plate and top with cream and vanilla ice cream as desired.
- Lasts up to 4 days (without topping) in the refrigerator, frozen several weeks.