I have a habit of asking my husband for new recipes. Recipes about. I usually make a pre-selection and then let him decide what it should be in the end. I don’t know why I do that, but it’s just a little tick of mine. Perhaps I have learned that he usually demonstrates excellent taste? No idea! With this Court there was only one problem that was really serious. There was only one burger for everyone and you tell that to a 2 meter man. Ok, next time I’ll do more, I promise.
Tofu or the meatloaf of the vegans
I had to laugh the other day when my dad said that he was really into smoked tofu. “Des schmeckt ja wie a Leberkäs” he said and my laughing fit was guaranteed. I think it’s great that my father is so enthusiastic about tofu. Tofu can be enthusiastic. Today’s version is not about Bavarian tradition, but about an Asian-inspired burger that tastes just great. Burger which tastes simply gigantically good. A dream I tell you!
Tofu – an absolute all-round talent
For our today’s Burger we need Tofu (here I take a 400g package) and make a delicious marinade with peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil, bird eye chili and freshly grated ginger.
Add to this Roll (burger or sandwich bun to taste), lettuce leaves, fresh cucumber slices, milk sour fermented vegetables and fresh cilantro greens. The highlight of this Recipe is that we simply use the rest of the breading as sauce for the burger.
200g of tofu steak please?
When frying you need only a very small amount of oil and you should use a well coated pan. Alternatively you can Tofu slices at 200 degrees in the oven without oil.
This recipe is simple, delicious and brings a wonderful change of pace to the kitchen. I just love to experiment and always bring something new to the table. To go with it is a delicious Salad , Sweet potato fries , or the crispiest fries.
The sandwich / burger with peanut butter tofu (30 minutes) is:
- simple to be produced
- Extremely tasty
Well have you got a craving for this hearty Burger ? I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and of course I am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Peanut Butter Tofu Burger (30 minutes)
- 120 g Peanut butter like to mix with another nut butter, e.g. 50% cashew butter
- 30 ml Tamari or another soy sauce, plus a little more to coat the tofu slices.
- 45 ml Rice vinegar I use Genmai Su, alternatively use lime juice
- 15 ml maple syrup or another liquid sweetener like agave syrup
- 15 ml Sesame oil I use a roasted sesame oil
- 2 tbspn freshly grated ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Bird Eye Chili or any other chili to taste
- 400 g Tofu equivalent to one large package, pressed dry* and cut into 0.5cm thick slices
- 15 ml Frying oil or another heat resistant oil
- Buns at will
- Cucumber slices to taste
- Salad leaves to taste
- Fresh coriander greens to taste
- Lactic vegetables to taste
- Remove tofu from packaging, press dry and cut into 0.5-1 cm thick slices. For me it became 6 slices.400 g Tofu
- In the meantime, for the Marinade put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to a creamy measure. Set aside.120 g Peanut butter, 30 ml Tamari, 45 ml Rice vinegar, 15 ml maple syrup, 15 ml Sesame oil, 2 tbspn freshly grated ginger or 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 Bird Eye Chili or any other chili to taste
- Heat pan and fry tofu slices for about 5 minutes on each side until surfaces are lightly browned.400 g Tofu, 15 ml Frying oil
- Put a little tamari in a small bowl and spread it on each side of the pre-fried tofu slices.30 ml Tamari
- Immediately afterwards, as a second step, coat with the peanut butter marinade.
- Return tofu slices to pan and brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. Be careful not to leave them in the pan longer, otherwise they can easily burn.
- Slice burger buns open and brush bottom with remaining marinade.Buns at will
- Layer tofu slices, cucumber, lettuce, cilantro greens and lactic acid vegetables on top and place bun lid on top. enjoy!Cucumber slices to taste, Salad leaves to taste, Fresh coriander greens to taste, Lactic vegetables to taste
- Tofu slices keep 2-3 days covered in the refrigerator, preferably fresh.
- Joseph Joseph Bowl Set: http://amzn.to/2BwZIbL