Simple coconut cake with only 6 ingredients is a recipe that surprised myself. I really wanted to make a moist coconut cake that was both easy and delicious. The result can really be seen and is also addictive, provided you love coconut! I’m definitely a big lover of coconut flakes because it reminds me of sun, beach and sea. I could use some of that right now, because the weather here is gray in gray, with a few exceptions. That’s why I’ve developed a patent remedy against bad-weather blues, and it’s this: eat coconut cake, close your eyes, and virtually lie on the beach. Try it!
Simple coconut cake (6 ingredients)
You know who else is a big fan of coconut flakes besides me? Our huskies. They love coconut more than anything and when I put a small bowl of coconut flakes down for them, there is no stopping them. Although I must confess that I very rarely give them any. Somehow this is not a suitable food for the dog either, is it? Feel free to write me in the comments if you have any experience here.
The cake batter could not be simpler. Coconut milk, raw cane sugar, shredded coconut, spelt flour and bourbon vanilla. This is all worked into a uniform dough and allowed to bake in the oven for 50 minutes. I add a frosting over the cake made of coconut flakes, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Then it becomes two ingredients more, but the frosting is really delicious.
TIP: If you want to bake naturally sweetened, you can also use coconut blossom sugar instead of raw cane sugar.
Bake simple coconut cake
As always, making the cake is quick and easy and this time I use a hand mixer. I wouldn’t recommend a whisk unless the coconut milk is room temperature and easy to work with. I haven’t tested the cake with a gluten-free flour yet, but feel free to let me know if you try it. If you don’t feel like frosting, you could also use a cashew frosting. Here you will find a recipe for a Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting:
Otherwise, you really can’t go wrong with this simple, delicious cake. I hope you have fun trying it out and feel free to let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
If you are not in the mood for coconut cake today, I recommend the following cake creations:
- Coffee cake
- Red wine cake
- Chocolate cake with frosting
- Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting
- Swiss walnut cake
- Carrot cake with cashew cream cheese
- Currant cake
- Banana cake with cream
- Orange chocolate cake
The simple coconut cake (6 ingredients) is:
- Locker & Fluffig
- Perfectly sweet
- Easy to manufacture
Well, are you ready for these simple sponge cakes? I wish you a lot of fun with the Nachbacken and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple coconut cake (6 ingredients)
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (convection) 195 (upper-lower heat) and grease and/or line a king cake pan with baking paper. NOTE: I use a baking pan with the dimensions 23.5 x 13.5 cm.
- For the CAKE Place coconut milk and raw cane sugar in a baking bowl and mix with a hand mixer (or in a food processor) until well combined. Add spelt flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and bourbon vanilla and continue to stir until a uniform dough is formed.400 ml Coconut milk, 120 g Raw cane sugar, 300 g Spelt flour, 30 g Coconut flakes, 3 tbspn Baking powder, ½ tbspn Bourbon vanilla
- The dough should be neither too solid nor too liquid. If too firm, use a little more vegetable milk and if too runny, use a little more flour.
- Pour batter into prepared king cake pan, smooth out, place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Use a wooden stick to check if the cake is baked through. If so, then the wooden stick comes out dry. If dough is still stuck, then bake for another 10 minutes and check again. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- FOR THE ICING Place powdered sugar and shredded coconut in a bowl. Carefully pour in lemon juice, starting with ½ tablespoon and increasing until an even glaze is formed. Decorate coconut cake with it and let it set. Cut into pieces and enjoy!100 g Powdered sugar, 2 tbspn Coconut shavings, ½ – 2 tbspn Lemon juice
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information