Red lentil tortilla wraps are the simple answer for anyone looking for easy, gluten-free wraps. I have been looking for solutions to this problem for some time. Baking gluten free cakes is one thing, making a tortilla wrap is another. It is not so easy to find the right formula for it. Now I’ve tried a few variations and have stuck with this awesome recipe that works really well. Get red lentils out of the cupboard and we’ll get started together!
Tortilla wraps from red lentils
I’ve only used red lentils for soups before, and as of now, I’m using them for this awesome tortilla recipe. It’s really simple and the longest is soaking the lentils in water. For this I take a bowl and put lentils, water, a little salt, garlic granules, lemon juice and water. Then the mixture is covered and allowed to infuse for four hours. You could put the mixture from directly into the blender, however I don’t like doing that as much. The background is that the blender jar can discolor and take on the smell.
That’s why I put the ingredients in the bowl first and then, after soaking, put them in the high-powered blender. Now the mixture is mixed once on high speed and we have a wonderful, smooth dough. Place pan on the stove, pour in a ladleful of batter and smooth it out. By the way, the baking out works completely without oil.
TIP: It’s worth baking the tortillas as thin as possible, otherwise they won’t taste as good and will mask the flavor of the filling.
Make gluten free tortilla wraps yourself
I like to stack the tortilla wraps on top of each other, so they stay nice and warm until they are finally filled. If you don’t fill them right away, you can also store them in the refrigerator or freeze them.
Should you be looking for other wraps or fillings, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Burritos with Spanish rice and tempeh
- Hummus classic (10 minutes)
- Simple Shawarma Sandwich
- White beans hummus
- Sweet potato hummus
- Classic vegan falafel
- Burritos with coussoucs
Get started with these delicious gluten-free red lentil tortilla wraps. I hope you enjoy baking and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Tortilla wraps from red lentils
- Provide a large bowl. Pour in red lentils, water, garlic granules, salt, lemon juice and pepper and stir until everything is well combined.300 g red lentils, 625 ml Water, ½ tbspn Garlic granules, ½ tbspn Salt, Pepper to taste, 1 EL Lemon juice
- Cover and let steep for four hours.
- After the infusion time is up, transfer to a high-powered blender and blend on high speed until a uniform dough is formed. The batter should be runny enough to easily pour into the pan. If in doubt, add a small sip more water, but dose carefully, otherwise the dough may become too thin.
- Heat well coated pan (without oil) and pour in ½ cup to 1 cup each (depending on size of pan) of batter and smooth with a crêpe batter spreader. Alternatively, use another object or swirl the pan. NOTE: The tortillas will be best if you use a dough spreader.
- Bake until the dough is used up, stacking the tortillas on top of each other to keep them nice and warm. Fill as desired, store in refrigerator or freeze.
You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.More Information