Somehow quiches have always appealed to me, however I always found them quite elaborate. Therefore, I have made myself on the search for a really great Recipe made that is geling safe and still tastes really good. Actually, I had made the calculations for four people, however, my husband and I ate everything immediately. The hunger was just too big and the shooting took too long. Why don’t you finish up, my husband says to me in a forced, yet loving tone. My hunger was at least as great as his. Our conclusion was… mega! So let’s go mes Dames et Monsieurs, let’s make this delightful French classic together.
I love this tingle in your belly button – or just give me a piece of quiche
Today, however, it’s not about a well-known German beer that tingles so beautifully in the belly button. The only thing the commercial has in common with ours today Court is France. Yes, the lady from the commercial and today’s recipe have their origins in our French neighbors. More precisely, the quiche comes from Lorraine and consists of a shortcrust pastry filled with a spicy filling of eggs, Milk , vegetables and other all sorts. We omit the eggs and milk, of course, and replace them with Silken tofu .
But first it’s time for the base, a shortcrust pastry made of flour (I use half whole spelt flour and half fine spelt flour type 630), vegan margarine, Flaxseed egg , salt and a little turmeric (for a slightly yellowish color). The filling consists of onion, garlic, green onion, Spinach (fresh or frozen), Silken tofu , starch, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
TIP: It is best to prepare two casseroles at once and bake them one after the other. You can then freeze some portions right away and always have a delicious, healthy Dish at home, if it must go times fast.
What is silken tofu and how healthy is it actually?
Tofu is now available in many different variations. Smoked, fermented and refined with a wide variety of spices. A very special way of preparation is the preparation of Silken tofu . It is softer and more watery than conventional tofu, thanks to its water content of almost 80%. A classic tofu, on the other hand, has a water content of about 50%. Silken tofu is not pressed and therefore reminds a bit of jello. It is most often used in the preparation of dips, creams and desserts. Like to try my vegan scrambled eggs , Chocolate dessert , Cheesecake or Panna Cotta , all based on silken tofu.
Whether pressed or soft, tofu is definitely healthy:
- Especially rich of vegetable protein
- Magnesium, Calcium, copper
- B vitamins
- Essential Amino acids
The simple spinach quiche is:
- Creamy filled
- simple to be produced
Let’s get started with this delicious French oven dish. I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
simple spinach quiche
FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
FOR THE SPINACH:
- 15 ml Frying and baking oil alternatively another high heat oil, if oil free deglaze with vegetable stock
- 1 Piece red onion peeled and finely diced
- 2 Piece Garlic cloves peeled and pressed or finely diced, optionally 1 tsp garlic powder
- 450 g Spinach frozen, alternatively use fresh spinach
- 60 g Spring onion cut into fine rings
- 125 ml Vegetable broth to deglaze, for more flavor
FOR THE TOFU FILLING:
- Basil or other fresh herbs to taste
- Remove spinach from freezer and thaw.
- Prepare the tart, or shortcrust pastry dish, (optionally grease and dust with flour).
- Prepare a flaxseed egg in a large baking bowl. Mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons very warm water and let thicken briefly.1 Piece Flaxseed egg
- Add flour, margarine, salt and turmeric and work with your hands to form a uniform dough. Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.1 Piece Flaxseed egg, 190 g Flour, 80 g vegan margarine, ½ tbspn Salt, ¼ tbspn Turmeric
- In the meantime, prepare the SPINAT prepare. To do this, heat a large frying pan with frying oil, add onion, garlic, spinach and green onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Deglaze with vegetable stock. Set aside.1 Piece red onion, 2 Piece Garlic cloves, 450 g Spinach, 60 g Spring onion, 125 ml Vegetable broth, 15 ml Frying and baking oil
- For the TOFU FILLING. Place silken tofu, cornstarch, turmeric, black pepper, nutmeg and salt in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.7,5 g Cornstarch, ½ tbspn Turmeric, ½ tbspn black pepper, ¼ tbspn Nutmeg, Salt to taste, 400 g Silken tofu
- Add TOFU FILLING to the SPINAT in the pan and stir vigorously once until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees top and bottom heat.
- MORTAR DOUGH Remove from refrigerator, place in mold and flatten with hands. Pull up a little on the sides and press against the mold from the inside. Poke a few holes with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Pour in the TOFU-SPINAT FILLING and smooth it out once. Sprinkle with pine nuts and place in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven. The quiche is ready when the top and sides are baked golden brown. The pine nuts should be just as nicely browned.
- Ideally, let stand for 10-15 minutes and only then cut.
- Portion onto plates, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.Pine nuts to taste as a topping, Basil or other fresh herbs to taste
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. Alternatively, portion, freeze (up to 1 month).