Right now I’m not quite sure if it’s actually January or maybe already April? Snow, rain, sleet, cloudy, sun? Anyway, I only need one thing: more sun! If I can’t get those, I at least want something similar in my plate. A golden-yellow shining Curry with many healthy ingredients. Wonderfully spiced and especially with a lot of Turmeric , my current favorite spice. I just have the feeling that it helps me in the Winter helps me to be in a better mood. Ok, maybe I’m imagining it, but no matter, the main thing is that it helps.
A vegan curry simply always goes
By now you know me a little bit and you know that I am a friend of simple things. We already have enough complicated things in life most of the time. For the Curry you need some oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, curry paste, coconut milk, turmeric, Curry Powder , maple syrup, Tamari , Cauliflower , chickpeas and spinach. With the side dishes you have the agony of choice, rice, Cauliflower rice , quinoa or simply pure with fresh Naan bread .
For all of you who don’t have much time to cook there is super good news. For the dish you only need a maximum of 30 minutes . Prepare ingredients, chop, put everything in a large pan, put a lid on it and start setting the table.
Vegan cauliflower curry
Especially when I’m expecting friends and I’m cooking for several people, I think this dish is genius. It’s easy to prepare and with the right side dishes, everyone will be full. You can also offer different side dishes with it, rice, quinoa and Naan . Your guests will feel like in heaven.
The coconut milk, thanks to its natural fat content, provides a nice creaminess and ensures that the flavors of the spices are further enhanced. If you don’t Chickpeas in the house, can also take lentils or white beans. Legumes ensure that you’re getting a good serving of plant-based protein and plenty of healthy fiber. Wow, I would say our today’s Curry is a round thing.
Here’s a little tip on how you can boost the nutritional content of any dish in a very simple way. Seeds and kernels! In addition to pepper and salt, there is now always a small selection of seeds and kernels on my table. Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and hemp seeds are my absolute must haves. Simply sprinkle over your food as a topping and voilá!
The simple cauliflower curry with spinach is:
- simple to be produced
Let’s start with this delicious vegan curry which you can find under 30 minutes ready. I wish you a lot of fun with the re-cooking and am happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Simple cauliflower curry with spinach (30 minutes)
- 15 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil 1 TBSP.
- 55 g red onion chopped, ½ onion
- 6 g Garlic cloves peeled, pressed or finely chopped, 2 cloves
- 10 g Ginger peeled and grated, 2 tbsp.
- One chili pod to taste or 1 Bird Eye Chili Remove seeds for less sharpness
- 45 g red or green curry paste 3 TBSP.
- 400 ml Canned coconut milk corresponds to one can
- 2 tbspn Curry powder
- 2 tbspn Turmeric
- ½ tbspn black pepper increases the absorption of the curcumin in the turmeric
- 15 ml maple syrup 1 TBSP.
- 30 ml Tamari 2 TBSP.
- 200 g Cauliflower florets cut into coarse pieces, 2 cups
- 265 g Chickpeas – drained* 1 can or jar of 400g, alternatively lentils or white beans
- 60 g Spinach washed and coarsely chopped, 2 cups
- If rice or quinoa is served, cook according to packaging instructions.
- In the meantime, heat a medium skillet. Briefly sauté onion, garlic and ginger until onions are slightly translucent. Add the chili and stir.15 ml Frying oil or other high heat oil, 55 g red onion, 6 g Garlic cloves, 10 g Ginger, One chili pod to taste or 1 Bird Eye Chili
- Deglaze with coconut milk, stir once.400 ml Canned coconut milk
- Add all remaining ingredients (except spinach) and simmer covered over medium heat for 20 minutes.2 tbspn Curry powder, 2 tbspn Turmeric, ½ tbspn black pepper, 15 ml maple syrup, 30 ml Tamari, 200 g Cauliflower florets, 265 g Chickpeas – drained*, 45 g red or green curry paste
- Just before the end of the cooking time, stir in spinach and let it collapse.60 g Spinach
- At the end of the cooking time, briefly taste and season if necessary.
- Portion onto two plates, serve with desired accompaniments and enjoy!Fresh coriander leaf, Basmati rice, Quinoa, Freshly baked naan bread, Seeds and kernels at will, Chili pods
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days. Freeze within 1 month.