Today I really don’t know how to start. Somehow I am a little nervous, but that is not because of the Muffins lies. Once again, it’s all about the rebuild and we’re already in the home stretch, which feels really good. Right now I’m just feeling trapped in construction site chaos and especially not being able to do my Recipes as usual, which is really annoying. That’s why I’ve been focusing more on the quick, uncomplicated recipes the last few days. Vegan recipes , which you can literally make between the door and the fishing rod. Quick, with few ingredients and damn tasty. Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes quickly!
VEGAN MUFFINS ALWAYS GO
What do you like to do when you’re under stress? Eat sweets! At least that’s how I feel. If sweets are nice, then by all means as healthy as possible. That’s my motto and that’s exactly why I haven’t touched the sweets dripping with sugar and fat from the bakery counter for a long time. When I bake myself, at least I have control over what’s really in it. Good news also for all the gluten-free gourmets among you, the muffins also work wonderfully with my gluten free flour mix .
ONE VEGAN MUFFINS A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY
Ok, not quite right, but let’s take a look at the ingredient list right now. Almond milk , oil, lemon juice, baking soda, maple syrup, apple pulp, spelt flour, cornstarch, poppy seeds, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, salt, Turmeric and lemon zest. If you want to save on sugar, stop reading at this point, because now comes another small but fine icing on the beauties. This consists of fine powdered sugar and lemon juice. At the very end I sprinkle a little Poppy seed over it and Voilá! Ready for the vegan party!
TIP: You may be wondering right now why I use apple pulp and what the difference is from applesauce. Generally, I use it because it has an additional, binding property and keeps the muffins moist longer. The difference between applesauce and apple puree is that sugar has already been added to the puree. So it’s always worth taking a look at the ingredients list.
I’d say go for it with these yummy, vegan muffins . I hope you enjoy baking and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Poppy seed lemon muffins (35 minutes)
- 60 ml Almond milk or any other plant milk
- 56 ml Frying and baking oil or another tasteless and high-heat oil
- 80 ml Lemon juice freshly squeezed or natural juice
- ¼ tbspn Baking soda
- 160 ml maple syrup or other sweetener of choice
- 30 g Apple pulp
- 210 g Spelt flour gladly take half whole wheat flour
- 8 g Cornstarch alternatively tapioca starch or simply more flour
- 15 g Poppy unsweetened
- 1 ½ tbspn Baking powder
- ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla ground
- A pinch of salt
- 1/8 tbspn Turmeric for a great yellow color, optional
- Zest of one organic lemon freshly squeezed or powder
- 100 g Powdered sugar
- 15-30 ml Lemon juice. 1-2 TBSP
- Poppy at will
- Preheat oven to 180Grad convection and line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, gently mix almond milk, oil, lemon juice and baking soda. The liquid should now foam slightly.60 ml Almond milk, 56 ml Frying and baking oil, 80 ml Lemon juice, ¼ tbspn Baking soda
- Add maple syrup, apple pulp, spelt flour, cornstarch, poppy seeds, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, salt, turmeric and lemon zest and mix until a uniform dough forms.160 ml maple syrup, 30 g Apple pulp, 210 g Spelt flour, 8 g Cornstarch, 15 g Poppy, 1 ½ tbspn Baking powder, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla, A pinch of salt, 1/8 tbspn Turmeric, Zest of one organic lemon
- I use the dough program on my high-powered blender for this, but it also works by hand or with any standard food processor. The dough should be a little more liquid than an ordinary cake batter and easy to pour into the molds.
- Pour into muffin tins and place in preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare the icing prepare and decorate all the cupcakes with it. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and enjoy!100 g Powdered sugar, 15-30 ml Lemon juice. 1-2 TBSP, Poppy at will
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.