Do you know the smell of roasted hazelnuts in the air? So good! I think this is also the reason why I love to make it myself. Nutella to make. Maybe I should also try vegan “Hanuta Schnitten”? Or maybe “Twix” like candy bars. I have so many yummy sweet things on my mind right now. Stupidly, it’s all so damn addictive. I am just thinking of the Hazelnut Fudge which I have just finished. Addiction takes on a whole new meaning.
Be curious and subscribe to my newsletter right now, because there will be a lot of delicious things. The starting point for hazelnut butter is the roasting of the nuts. After that, everything is easy if you have the right blender, but more on that below.
Vegan hazelnut butter, delicious and versatile
- 100 grams of the nuts have about 644 calories
- mostly healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids
- whopping 12% protein
- Rich in minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and iron
- many B vitamins
- particularly high vitamin E content compared to other nuts
Turn nuts into creamy mush? With the right mixer works
For the preparation I use a Blendtec high performance blender. However, other blenders such as MagiMix, Vitamix or food processors with special blades for chopping nuts or making nut purées also work. Which blender do you prefer to use? I welcome feedback at the very bottom of the comments.
So what does this delicious vegan hazelnut puree go with? As a topping for desserts, such as Pancake or waffles. As main ingredient in vegan Nutella or Hazelnut fudge . I like to eat it in the morning together with delicious granola and some Oat milk and coconut yogurt. Yum!
The vegan hazelnut puree / butter is:
- Full of healthy fatty acids
- Easy to manufacture
Are you ready for a healthy, delicious nut puree? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, then like to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Make vegan hazelnut butter yourself (How-To)
- 400 g raw or roasted hazelnuts
- To roast the hazelnuts, preheat the oven to 175 degrees and spread the nuts on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.400 g raw or roasted hazelnuts
- Put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool briefly. Place in a clean cotton kitchen towel and rub with hands, this will loosen most of the shell from the nuts. Do not worry if the shell can not be removed 100% perfectly.
- Place nuts in food processor or other suitable blender and blend on low speed until nuts have turned into nut butter. Keep scraping down sides with a silicone spatula to make sure everything is worked evenly.
- OPTIONAL: Add maple syrup and blend again. Now the mass becomes solid: The more maple syrup is added, the FESTER becomes the mush (sounds strange at first, but is so).30 ml maple syrup, ¼ tbspn coarse sea salt, ¼ tbspn Bourbon vanilla ground
- Enjoy immediately or pour into an airtight jar or bowl and use at room temperature within 2-3 weeks.