It’s July and my birthday month has arrived. Time for a healthy and especially delicious, vegan zucchini cake. Two more weeks, then I’ll be a year older again and the 3 won’t be there much longer. Well, why should I get upset about something I can’t change anyway. I also believe that 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20. Somehow you have to make it all look good, don’t you? As long as there are still natural hair colors for the few gray hairs that appear here and there, everything is good. Eat healthy is definitely my secret recipe for my incredible good looks (*laughs*). Let’s get right into it.
Zucchini in the cake? Of course!
I think it really the very first time I baked a zucchini cake. Somehow one associates Zucchini always with hearty dishes. However, the green vegetables do quite well in our today’s Cake and provides a nice juiciness. Almond milk , baking soda, apple cider vinegar, raw cane sugar, maple syrup, Flaxseed Egg , cooking and baking oil, spelt flour, baking powder, bourbon vanilla, salt, cinnamon, zucchini and chocolate drops.
You don’t need much equipment either, a baking dish, silicone spatula, Vegetable grater and go!
Is zucchini actually healthy?
I can answer this question with a resounding yes. The berry fruits (oh yes, actually they are) are from the vegan cuisine hardly imagine life without them:
- Minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus
- Iron (blood formation)
- Beta-carotene precursor vitamin A (healthy vision)
- Vitamin C (immune system)
- Very low in calories (20 kcal per 100g)
TIP for storage and preparation : When buying, I look for organic quality and that the fruit has a smooth, firm skin that does not give under pressure. Storage is best in the crisper, here they last up to 2 weeks. Do not peel the zucchini in any case, use them whole. The shell is where most of the micronutrients are found. Also use the pulp with.
Vegan zucchini cake, Yum!
Here are a few tips and tricks for a successful cake:
- Zucchini have a relatively high moisture content, so it is best to pat a little dry after grating
- If the dough is too liquid, add a little more flour. This may vary from flour type to flour type and from zucchini to zucchini.
- After baking, always check with a wooden stick if the cake is baked through. If anything still sticks to the stick, turn off the oven, use the reheat and leave the cake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
This zucchini cake has a wonderful flavor and is nice and moist. Perfect with a Avocado banana smoothie , Golden milk or iced Almond Milk .
The vegan zucchini cake is:
- Pleasantly sweet
- High fiber
- Easy to manufacture
If you are also such a big Cake fan as I am, then I’d be happy to see a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Juicy zucchini cake
- 3 Flaxseed eggs 9 tablespoons hot water + 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 185 ml Almond milk or any other vegetable milk of your choice
- ¼ tbspn Baking soda
- 7,5 ml Apple cider vinegar alternatively lemon juice
- 45 ml Frying and baking oil or another high-heat oil, alternatively replace 1 tbsp. with coconut yogurt
- 60 ml maple syrup
- 60 g Raw cane sugar
- 192 g Spelt flour optionally replace half with whole spelt flour, but wheat flour or my gluten-free flour blend will also work
- 1 ½ tbspn Baking powder
- a good pinch of salt
- optional: ¼ tsp cinnamon ¼ tsp cloves and/or ¼ tsp ginger
- 125 g Zucchini grated and dabbed dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper roll
- 60 g dark vegan chocolate drops
- Melted vegan chocolate to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Brush loaf pan with a little oil and dust with flour. Alternatively, cut baking paper and line the pan with it.
- Prepare flaxseed eggs and set aside.
- FOR THE Dough Add almond milk, baking soda and apple cider vinegar to a large baking bowl and stir gently. The liquid should now begin to foam very gently.185 ml Almond milk, ¼ tbspn Baking soda, 7,5 ml Apple cider vinegar
- Add frying and baking oil, maple syrup, raw cane sugar, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, optional spices and the flaxseed eggs and whisk until smooth.3 Flaxseed eggs, 45 ml Frying and baking oil, 60 ml maple syrup, 60 g Raw cane sugar, 192 g Spelt flour, 1 ½ tbspn Baking powder, a good pinch of salt, optional: ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Finally, add the grated zucchini shreds, dabbed dry, and the chocolate drops and fold in once until everything is combined.125 g Zucchini, 60 g dark vegan chocolate drops
- Pour batter into loaf pan, smooth out and place in oven.
- Bake for 55 minutes, and at the end of the baking time, check with a wooden stick to see if the cake is cooked through. If in doubt, turn off the oven and leave the cake in it for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- (optional) Melt chocolate carefully over a water bath and decorate cake with it.Melted
- Slice and enjoy!
- Keeps up to 5 days airtight in the refrigerator.
- Baking bowl Eva Solo