Miso eggplant from the oven sounds delicious, right? I must confess that I thought long and hard about whether to bring the recipe just now. We are in the midst of the holidays and most are looking for festive recipes right now. I am of the opinion that you can treat yourself to something other than dumplings or a vegan roast in between. My very special highlight is this fine eggplant from the oven with healthy black beans and a wonderful, creamy miso dressing.
Miso eggplants from the oven
What do we need for our fine dish? One eggplant, broccoli, black beans, maple syrup, miso and sesame oil. For decoration I use spring onion, sesame seeds ud chili flakes. The delightfully creamy dressing is made with lemon juice, almond paste, tamari, and a dollop of almond milk. All of this goes together in a high-powered blender and is blended into a fine dressing.
TIP: As a side dish, I recommend basmati rice, preferably whole grain for an extra serving of fiber.
Vegan eggplant dishes from the oven
This dish is not only a flavor highlight, but also scores high in nutritional and fiber content. The black beans are low in calories and score high in antioxidants. In addition, they have little fat and a lot of protein. Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it? It is. The complex dietary fibers it contains provide long-lasting satiety and ensure that blood sugar remains stable.
Broccoli is low in calories and very rich in important minerals, such as potassium, manganese, iron and copper. But that’s not all, because it is equally rich in precursors of vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins and vitamin K.
All in all, this dish is a caress for the soul, makes you full and happy. Miso tops it all off, as it is rich in vegetable proteins and (if made traditionally) provides valuable lactic acid bacteria.
Should you be after another healthy recipe today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Burritos with couscous
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Mexican Style
- Stuffed peppers with quinoa
- High Protein Pasta
- Vegan jambalaya
- Burger with black beans
- Falafel patties with black beans
The miso eggplant from the oven is
- High protein
- Full of roasted aromas
- Easy to make
Craving this healthy, hearty dish from the oven? I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Miso eggplant from the oven
FOR THE OVEN EGGPLANT:
- 2 Piece Eggplants cut into bite-sized cubes
- 250 g Broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400 g black beans drained and washed well
- 15 ml maple syrup
- 15 ml Sesame oil more at will
- 15 g Miso I use a light, mild miso, NOTE: Miso contains lactic acid bacteria that are destroyed at high temperatures, if you want to avoid this, add the miso only at the very end or mix it into the sauce.
- A pinch of salt
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 125 ml Water warm
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 15 ml Tamari
- 45 g Almond paste
- Chili flakes to taste
- 1 Confederation Spring onion Roots removed, cut into rings
- Sesame seeds
- Chili flakes
- If serving rice as a side dish, prepare now.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (210 degrees Celsius top-bottom heat) and line baking tray with baking paper.
- FOR THE OVEN EGGPLANT Put eggplant cubes, black beans, miso, maple syrup, sesame oil and salt in a bowl and mix well until everything is combined . Spread evenly on baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.2 Piece Eggplants, 400 g black beans, 15 ml maple syrup, 15 ml Sesame oil, 15 g Miso, A pinch of salt
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli florets briefly in hot water and add to the eggplant and beans 10 minutes before the oven roasting time is up. Mix well and continue roasting.250 g Broccoli
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing.
- FOR THE DRESSING provide a blender. Pour in warm water, lemon juice, tamari, almond paste and chili flakes. Process on high speed to make a fine sauce.125 ml Water, 30 ml Lemon juice, 15 ml Tamari, 45 g Almond paste, Chili flakes to taste
- Mix the dressing into the lukewarm oven vegetables and divide onto plates. Serve with rice, green onion, sesame seeds and chili flakes. Best fresh.Sesame seeds, Chili flakes, 1 Confederation Spring onion