Vegan Nutrition may be quite good, but this tofu tastes like nothing. Have you ever heard this phrase? Even the apprentice at the checkout of my regular organic supermarket said last time that he is currently trying his way through the assortment. Everything quite delicious except for the tofu, now really? Strictly speaking, not many dishes taste without being seasoned really well and so it is with tofu. The preparation must be right, then tofu tastes incredibly delicious. That’s what I’m going to prove to you in this recipe.
Almond butter tofu recipe
This time we can even get by without fat and roast the tofu in the oven. After that it is marinated and thus naturally gets an aroma that is addictive. This dish in simply awesome and comes with only 9 ingredients, do we want to get started?
Finally a recipethat almost gets oil, but is still crispy and incredibly delicious. A nice side effect is the incredibly high protein and fiber content. Add to that the aromatic marinade I’ve ever tasted: sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, chilli sauce,maple syrup and almond butter.
The almond butter tofu with green beans is:
- Incredibly aromatic
- Full of healthy protein
- Easy to make
Let’s start with this great dish that will convince even the strongest tofu opponents. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Almond butter tofu with green beans
FOR THE TOFU:
- 200 g Tofu natural
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 15 ml Sesame oil 15ml for cooking
- 60 ml Tamari sauce or another gluten-free soy sauce
- 45 ml maple syrup
- 32 g Almond butter
- 30 ml Lime juice
- 1-2 tbspn Chili sauce or 2 Bird Eye chilies crushed
- 450 g Bush beans washed and cleaned
- 2-3 Chilis Select according to desired degree of sharpness
- Basmati rice Brown rice or quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Smash the tofu into kitchen paper and place a heavy object on it (like a heavy pan) to remove all the moisture.
- Once the oven is preheated, unpack tofu and cut into cubes. Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy at the ends.200 g Tofu natural
- Meanwhile, prepare marinade in a small bowl. Mix 1 tbsp sesame oil together with tamari, maple syrup, almond butter, lime juice and chilli sauce. Season and set aside.15 ml Sesame oil, 60 ml Tamari sauce, 45 ml maple syrup, 32 g Almond butter, 30 ml Lime juice, 1-2 tbspn Chili sauce or 2 Bird Eye chilies crushed
- Yes, prepare rice or quinoa at will.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and place directly into the marinade. Leave to pull for 5 minutes.200 g Tofu natural
- Heat a large frying pan. Lift tofu pieces out of the marinade with the fork and place them in the hot pan. Most of the marinade should remain in the bowl and will be needed in the next steps. Fry tofu for 5 minutes, but do not burn. It should be beautifully golden brown and caramelized. Remove from the pan into a bowl and set aside (also in the heat drawer).
- Now add 1 tbsp (15ml) sesame oil and 3 tbsp (45ml) marinade to the pan and add vegetables. Cook covered for 8 minutes, then remove the lid and add the remaining marinade. Cook for another 2 minutes, until the vegetables are crisp-soft and completely coated with the marinade.
- Arrange and enjoy rice, vegetables and tofu on 2 plates! Best fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Heat in a steam cooker or in a saucepan with a little water.450 g Bush beans, 2-3 Chilis, Basmati rice, parsley
- Pan (Tefal on Amazon.de)