Finally it’s apple time again and I don’t want to say, but sometimes there are advantages when you live in the countryside. Too gladly I go into my grandma’s garden and get the freshest apples from the tree. There are also old varieties, uninjected and with a great, mild acidity. You can find a post about the apples and what makes them so healthy here.
Make vegan apple crisp yourself
This recipe is simply perfect for a delicious dessert or you simply satituate it instead of cake. Vegan vanilla ice cream tastes particularly good (oh yes, it’s best to put a whole pot in front of me). Ahhh, and the filling is just perfect! The apples are covered with coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and fresh ginger.
In addition, there is freshly squeezed apple juice (of course mine also comes directly from the farm) which, together with the carob gum, is slightly caramelized. The dish is topped off with crunchy rolled oats and pecans, which, along with the cinnamon, add a delicious, autumnal touch….
Apple Crisp gluten-free? This way
Let’s start with this delicious autumnrecipe. If you love it as much as I do, then I’m looking forward to a review at the bottom of this since. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
The vegan Apple Crisp is:
- Full of healthy spices
- Naturally sweet
- Quick & easy to manufacture
- Extremely tasty
The best vegan Apple Crisp
For the filling:
- 750 g 8-10 medium apple peeled and sliced
- 2 EL Juice of one lemon (30ml)
- 128 g Coconut blossom sugar (⅔ cup)
- 3 g Cinnamon ground (1 ½ TSP)
- 21 g Locust bean gum (1 TBSP.)
- 60 ml Apple juice (¼cup)
- ½ TL Ginger or ¾ tsp freshly grated ginger ground
- a pinch of nutmeg
For the topping:
- 90 g Oatmeal (1 cup) gluten free
- 55 g Almond flour (½ cup) almond flour or coconut flour
- 68 g gluten free flour mix (½ cup) or spelt flour (if not gluten-free desired).
- 96 g Coconut blossom sugar Coconut blossom sugar (½ cup) or cane sugar
- 110 g Cane sugar (½cup)
- 50 g Pecans (½ cup) coarsely chopped
- 1 g Sea salt (¼ TL)
- 2 g Cinnamon (1 tsp) ground
- 120 ml Coconut oil (½ cup) melted
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Peel apples, remove core casings and cut them into eighths.750 g 8-10 medium apple
- Place in a large bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients for the filling. Place in a baking dish (see note on useful utensils above).750 g 8-10 medium apple, 2 EL Juice of one lemon, 128 g Coconut blossom sugar, 3 g Cinnamon ground, 21 g Locust bean gum, 60 ml Apple juice, ½ TL Ginger or ¾ tsp freshly grated ginger, a pinch of nutmeg
- In the same bowl add all the ingredients for the topping and mix well. Over the apples and put in the oven for 50-60 minutes. The crisp is ready when the apples are nicely soft, the filling has formed bubbles and the edges are beautifully golden brown.a pinch of nutmeg, 90 g Oatmeal, 55 g Almond flour, 68 g gluten free flour mix, 96 g Coconut blossom sugar Coconut blossom sugar, 110 g Cane sugar, 50 g Pecans, 1 g Sea salt, 2 g Cinnamon, 120 ml Coconut oil
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before serving. Tastes wonderful together with vanilla ice cream or coconut cream. Best fresh, but can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Shelf life for up to 1 month in the freezer. Regenerate in the steam cooker or oven at 120 degrees.
“The name is a force in this dish – along with the vegan vanilla ice cream a force.”