Oh man, how I’ve been remorseful to write this post about the Bavarian Leberkas Semmel. For many residents of the Free State of Bavaria, life without the, with Leberkäse topped bun is virtually meaningless. I asked myself if I could make this culinary marvel without any animal at all, and I think I succeeded quite well. After all, it’s not the content that counts in the end, but the taste and consistency. As people, how’s it look, do you want a warm with Siassm or schorfm mustard? Haha, sorry to all those who are not so powerful in Bavarian now. Oh, and Challenge for anyone passing by a butcher shop anytime soon. Ask if the meat loaf is also made from Tofu is available.
Vegan liver cheese, want me now ver….
Our version today really doesn’t require any great cooking skills or any prior knowledge at all. You only need 4 ingredients: light and especially soft rolls ( Roll ) with a nice crust, Smoked tofu , pickles and mustard. The original Leberkäsesemmel usually comes without anything, which means only a roll with Leberkäse and mustard. I think the pickles add a great juicy and most importantly flavorful touch. Of course, you can always make the rolls yourself. Click here for the recipe.
When it comes to mustard, opinions differ, because some love sweet mustard, and some love spicy. It works both quite well from my point of view. Personally, I can also never decide whether “I am a Siase or a Schorfe”. That means as much as that I can’t decide whether I’m a sweetie or a hottie. Ok, sorry, I’ll leave you alone again with the Bavarian dialect.
Bavarian burger, warm, Leberkas Semmel, and much more.
Honestly, you really can’t go wrong with this Recipe you really can’t do much wrong with this one, unless you cut your finger (no, I don’t wish that on you, of course) or burn yourself on the pan. All kidding aside, this simple guide to the Bavarian classic is a suggestion to make the best-selling bread roll in the Free State (and the rest of the world) a little healthier:
- Healthy Dietary fiber
- NO Cholesterol
- Rich in Calcium
- Rich in healthy vegetable protein
- Very little fat
So, if the hunger for this snack overcomes you now, I would say let’s go. Your friends will surely be happy to find a healthy alternative at the next party. Perfect with a homemade potato salad .
The Leberkas Semmel (vegan) is:
- The perfect Snack
- Quickly made
- Rich in vegetable Protein
Do you also feel like turning the Bavarian classic upside down a bit? I wish you a lot of fun with it and of course about a rating at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes
Leberkas Semmel (vegan)
- 15 ml Frying and baking oil
- 200 g Smoked tofu
- 2 Piece Roll like light, soft spelt rolls
- 4 small gherkins cut into fine slices
- 30 g sweet mustard vegan
- Parsley to taste optional
- Heat pan and pour in oil.15 ml Frying and baking oil
- Cut smoked tofu in half once in the middle to make two flat slices.200 g Smoked tofu
- Place in hot pan and sear for 3 minutes per side. Remove heat.
- Cut rolls in half. Set lid aside.2 Piece Roll, 4 small gherkins, 30 g sweet mustard, Parsley to taste
- Place a slice of smoked tofu on the bottom of each bun, garnish with cucumber and mustard. (Optional) Put parsley on top. Put bun lid on top, bite into it and enjoy!
- Tastes best fresh.