Beet Detox Smoothie is just the thing when you feel like you need a little detox. For me there are two types of smoothies, one are feel good varieties and the other are just healthy. I’m thinking, for example, of the vegan peanut butter banana smoothie, which for me definitely belongs in the feel-good category. It tastes simply heavenly sweet and creamy and flatters the soul. Our beet detox smoothie today is the right choice if you want it to be healthy. It’s quick to make, full of healthy vitamins and minerals, and also very refreshing in hot temperatures.
Vegan Beetroot Detox Smoothie
Are you also a fan of detoxing? Opinions are still divided here, because some say that the body detoxes automatically. The others are of the firm opinion that it is essential to support the body. Best with fresh and powerful fruits, fruits and berries from nature. That’s exactly what we’re doing today. Are you in?
Let’s take a close look at today’s smoothie and its ingredients. Frozen mango, raspberries, orange, beet, mint, ginger and water. All of this goes into a high-powered blender and is blended into a creamy smoothie. The only thing that might still not be quite ideal for many is the sweetness. That’s why I came up with a few more healthy sweetener options that you can easily incorporate whole. Dates, maple syrup or a frozen banana.
TIP: If you want to further increase the electrolyte content in this smoothie, I recommend replacing the water with coconut water. Since some people are sensitive to the seeds of raspberries, I recommend replacing them with other frozen berries when in doubt.
Detox smoothies made quickly and easily
In this recipe I deliberately used beet because it is so rarely used. At the same time, the tuber is very healthy and should definitely be on the table more often:
- Low calorie with only 40 kcal per 100g
- Rich in betanin (secondary plant substance), antioxidant that makes free radicals harmless
- Rich in folic acid and iron, important for blood formation
- Protein, fiber, potassium, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins and vitamin C.
IMPORTANT TIP: When processing beet, be sure to protect your clothing. Beet stains very badly and can make stains that won’t come out. If in doubt, use additional gloves during processing.
If you are looking for a different smoothie today, I have the following recipes for you:
- Peanut butter banana smoothie
- Mango Protein Smoothie
- Nutella Protein Smoothie
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie with Nut Crunch
- Creamy chocolate chia smoothie
- Avocado banana smoothie
- Mango Strawberry Detox Smoothie
What else is there to say? In terms of preparation, you’ll need a good blender (I love my Blendtec), smoothie glasses and straws. Here I use glass or bamboo straws, because we already have enough plastic in the world.
The Beetroot Detox Smoothie is:
- Extremely rich in vitamins and minerals
- Quickly made
Well, do you fancy this delicious and creamy smoothie? Then I look forward to a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Beet Detox Smoothie
- Smoothie glasses
- 250 g Mango Frozen in pieces
- 80 g Raspberries frozen, ¾ cup
- 60 g beet 1 tuber, cut into pieces
- 1 whole Orange peeled and cut into pieces, necessarily seedless
- 5-6 Piece fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 TL Ginger Freshly grated
- 250 ml Water alternatively coconut water
OPTIONAL for more sweetness:
- 1-2 Piece Medijool dates
- 1-2 EL Maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 whole Banana Frozen
- fresh orange slices
- Mint leaves
- In a high-powered blender, add mango, raspberries, beet, orange, fresh mint leaves, ginger and water and blend on high speed for about 60 seconds until desired consistency is reached. TIP: Depending on the consistency, add a little more water. Pour into two smoothie glasses, garnish with desired toppings and serve.250 g Mango, 80 g Raspberries, 60 g beet, 1 whole Orange, 5-6 Piece fresh mint leaves, 1-2 TL Ginger, 250 ml Water
- Taste and add dates, maple syrup or a frozen banana for more sweetness if needed.1-2 Piece Medijool dates, 1-2 EL Maple syrup or agave syrup, 1 whole Banana
- NOTE: Raspberries can never be mixed quite fine and may be a little rough in the throat. Some people find this uncomfortable. If in doubt, replace the raspberries with other berries.
- Serve with a reusable straw, garnish with desired toppings and enjoy immediately!fresh orange slices, Mint leaves