Vegan banana blueberry bread, is a very fine thing. I’m a big fan of banana breads and could literally lay into them. I really like the classic banana breads with walnuts and a little cinnamon. But when I think of blueberries, I also find the combination very exciting. Blueberries and bananas make a wonderful pair, don’t they? I think so and therefore I had to bring this combination necessarily on the blog. Blueberries are super healthy, especially when grown wild. But more about that later.
Vegan banana blueberry bread
The ingredient list for our banana bread today is really manageable. Ripe bananas, maple syrup, coconut blossom sugar (or raw cane sugar), bourbon vanilla, plant milk, gluten-free oat flour, baking powder, salt, frozen wild blueberries and walnuts. Maybe you’re thinking, why do I explicitly write wild blueberries? Basically, there are wild blueberries, which are picked in the wild, and cultivated blueberries, which are cultivated as the name suggests. The theory is that wild blueberries have a lot more antioxidants and phytochemicals because they have to survive in adverse conditions in nature. Cultivated blueberries, in turn, are cared for and looked after, and therefore should not be so rich in nutrients. Wild blueberries also have a much more intense color than the cultivated variety.
Besides blueberry, banana is also a very interesting and, above all, healthy fruit. Here are a few facts:
- rich in magnesium
- natural source of easily digestible fructose
- Rich in calcium & potassium
- easily digestible carbohydrates, thus a perfect source of quickly available energy
Vegan banana bread recipe
The banana bread gets a good binding by adding oat flour. I use gluten-free rolled oats that I grind in my high-powered blender. Otherwise, you can also buy ready-made oatmeal. I find the walnuts in the dough very tasty, but that is optional. Of course, chocolate drops are still allowed if that’s what you want. Get started with this brilliant “on the go” breakfast. Add a café latte with almond milk (in a recyclable cup, of course) and the healthy breakfast is perfect. If you devour the banana bread at home over coffee, then a vegan cream also goes very well with it.
The vegan banana blueberry bread is:
- Pleasantly sweet
- Full of healthy fiber
I hope you enjoy baking and of course about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan banana blueberry bread
FOR THE DOUGH:
- Vegan cream to taste
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and grease a king cake pan and optionally dust with a little flour. Alternatively, use a baking paper.
- Peel bananas and mash in a large baking bowl with a fork. Add oat flour, maple syrup, coconut blossom sugar, plant milk, baking powder, salt and bourbon vanilla. Stir until a smooth dough is formed.3 Piece medium ripe bananas, 180 g Oatmeal, 60 ml maple syrup, 60 g Coconut blossom sugar, 125 ml Plant milk, 1 Pack Baking powder, A pinch of salt, ¼ TL Bourbon vanilla
- Place blueberries in a bowl with some oatmeal and toss well until all blueberries are coated with oatmeal. Fold into the batter and pour into the king cake pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top and gently incorporate.80 g Frozen blueberries, 50 g Walnuts
- Bake for 50-60 minutes and test with a wooden stick if the banana bread is done. If the wooden stick comes out clean, then it’s done. Turn off oven and like to let banana bread cool in oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy plain or with a dollop of cream.Vegan cream to taste