Finally! My anticipation was huge, because finally yesterday we went back to the mountains, namely to Leogang in Austria. I’ve been wanting an e-bike for a long time and wanted to try out the wheels from Rotwild. No sooner said than done, I sat on the bike yesterday right after breakfast and off I went 800 meters in altitude in the direction of Lindlalm. There are many people who claim that e-bikes are only for wimps. I’m of the opposite opinion, because thanks to the e-battery, riders of different levels can now ride together.
Vegan granola bar
On such a trip you need of course Snacks . For the car ride and especially the bike tour to avoid the well-known hunger hole. Sure, it’s super easy to buy ready-made granola bars at the supermarket. However, this can also be homemade, simple, fast and uncomplicated. Best of all, you know what’s in it, and hopefully only the best ingredients.
The bike tour was in any case a complete success, because everything just fit. The weather with mild 20 degrees, super E-MTBikes, a rustic hut and nice people. Unfortunately, it was only a day trip (howl!) and I can’t wait when I get to get back in the saddle. Ok, I can’t complain because our annual vacation is coming up and we are going to BALI. Of course, I’ll be posting diligently from there as well, because I have a very special challenge coming up: 21 Days Vegan Challenge! Stay tuned.
Get started with these energy-packed granola bars. I wish you a lot of fun in recooking and of course a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
The world’s best vegan granola bars
- 210 g kernel oatmeal optional gluten free
- 35 g Coconut sugar ¼ cup
- 2 tbspn Superfood powder (optional)
- 1 tbspn Cinnamon ground
- ¼ tbspn Sea salt
- 75 g Almonds coarsely chopped
- 30 g Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 40 g dried cherries alternatively cranberries or other dried berries
- 40 g Chia seeds
- 38 g Flaxseed
- 2 tbspn Coconut oil
- 60 g Almond paste or another nut puree of your choice
- 82 g maple syrup
- 200 g dark chocolate vegan
- Line baking pan (20×20 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mix rolled oats, coconut sugar, superfood powder, sea salt, cinnamon, almonds, walnuts, coconut oil, dried cherries, chia seeds and flax seeds.210 g kernel oatmeal, 35 g Coconut sugar, 2 tbspn Superfood powder, 1 tbspn Cinnamon, ¼ tbspn Sea salt, 75 g Almonds, 30 g Walnuts, 40 g dried cherries, 40 g Chia seeds, 38 g Flaxseed, 2 tbspn Coconut oil
- Heat a large skillet and melt coconut oil in it. Do not let it get too hot, medium heat should be enough. Slowly warm almond butter in it. Add dry ingredients and let warm for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the maple syrup and stir until it has completely evaporated and the measurements have become somewhat sticky. This should take about 2-3 minutes.82 g maple syrup, 60 g Almond paste
- Pour mixture from pan into baking dish, smooth and tap with a tamper to make the bars really nice and compact. Put in the refrigerator.
- Heat two-thirds of the vegan chocolate in a water bath, once liquid, add the remaining chocolate and stir until liquid. Remove granola bars from refrigerator and pour chocolate over them. Place back in the refrigerator and let set for about 1 hour.200 g dark chocolate
- After expiration, remove granola bars from mold and cut into 12 equal pieces. enjoy! Wrap remaining bars individually in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator or freezer. In the refrigerator they last about 1 week, in the freezer up to 4 weeks.
- Baking dish (20x20cm): http://amzn.to/2fF2Axe