Chocolate Coconut Figs is the perfect snack for me when I get a sweet tooth craving. Especially when I’m out with the dogs a lot, I need healthy and nutritious snacks. I usually like to reach for dates, but sometimes I feel like a little variety. Dried figs come just right and when they are then covered with chocolate and coconut, there is no stopping them. Are you ready for a quick, delicious and chocolaty fruity snack? Then let’s get started together.
Chocolate coconut figs (vegan & gluten-free)
Vegan snacks should simply always be on hand, otherwise it’s easier to binge on the cookie pack and thus too many calories and little fiber. Dried figs are a wonderful alternative and provide fiber, natural sugars, minerals and vitamins. Here are some more interesting facts about dried figs:
- High content of valuable, quickly available fructose
- Have an antibacterial effect
- High fiber content
- Have the highest alkaline (basic) values among foods
TIP: I love dried figs and always buy them in a 5kg package in organic quality. At first, this seems a lot and seems expensive, however, buying a large quantity is much cheaper. In organic supermarkets, dried figs are usually found in small packages, which are often much more expensive. In a bulk pack they arrive very fresh directly from the manufacturer. I store them in the original packaging in a cool and dry place without any problems.
Healthy snacks with figs
Let’s get back to our recipe, which is very simple to make. The dried figs remain as they are and are simply dipped with one side in dark chocolate. I then roll them in shredded coconut and they are ready. I then put them in the refrigerator. So they are once again really nice and cold and the chocolate coating attracts immediately.
TIP: If you want to thin your couverture or chocolate that you melted, add a small amount of cocoa butter. This makes it more fluid and easier to use for frosting.
Get started with these easy, vegan chocolate coconut figs that are ready in a snap and store perfectly in the fridge. If you’re in the mood for a different snack option today, I recommend my chocolate dates with nut puree, Twix bars (no bake) or healthy caramel candies.
I hope you have fun making it and of course I’m happy about a review at the bottom of this page. If you post a picture, use the hashtag #veganevibes.
vegan chocolate coconut figs (3 ingredients)
- 270 g dried figs about 18 pieces
- 100 g dark vegan chocolate coating of your choice
- 24 g Coconut shavings
- Carefully melt the chocolate over a water bath. If necessary, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa butter to make the chocolate thinner and easier to coat.100 g dark vegan chocolate coating of your choice
- Provide a bowl with the shredded coconut.24 g Coconut shavings
- Once the chocolate is melted, take one dried fig at a time and dip one side into the chocolate. Then dip into the shredded coconut. Let set on a draining rack or baking paper, Enjoy!270 g dried figs
- Place remaining figs in a resealable box and store in refrigerator for up to one week.