Vegan strawberry melon lemonade my dears is the perfect refreshment for hot days. I’m a big fan of watermelon, as you can easily tell from my logo. During the summer months, I always have a large watermelon stored in my fridge and either eat it plain or make a juice out of it. That’s exactly why I thought it was time for something new again. When researching lemonade recipes, I wasn’t too happy because most contain an incredible amount of sugar. I would like to avoid this at all costs, especially if the fruit is already very sweet anyway. Well, do you feel like a refreshment? Then let’s get started together.
Vegan strawberry melon lemonade
The preparation of the lemonade could not be easier. Cut watermelon into pieces, wash strawberries and remove from the stalk, add lemon juice and maple syrup and you’re ready to go. Now it depends on the strength of your blender how finely it can blend the fruit. I have a Blendtec, which has a lot of power and actually I could do without the hair sieve. Still, I use it and pour the juice through again. At the end I have a healthy strawberry watermelon juice.
To turn the juice into lemonade, I put an ice cube or two in a smoothie glass and pour the juice in. The glass should be filled a little to three quarters, since the sparkling water is still missing. I put that in at the very end and the lemonade is ready. If you like, you can garnish the glasses with a slice of melon and fresh mint. This looks really great.
TIP: This lemonade is also the perfect mocktail for those who do not drink alcohol. Great for balmy summer days, served in a cocktail glass.
Vegan lemonades made quickly and easily
I think we have talked enough about how to make this delicious lemonade. Let’s take another quick look at the healthy ingredients in strawberries and watermelons. Both are very rich in water, valuable vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A and C
- Folic acid
- Anthocyanins & polyphenols (can prevent heart disease and cancer)
If you’re looking for more of a different, refreshing drink today, I have the following suggestions for you:
- Refreshing berry slushie
- Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
- Refreshing watermelon mocktail
- Hazelnut milk (best with a scoop of ice cream)
- Creamy chocolate chia smoothie
The strawberry watermelon lemonade is:
- Naturally sweetened
- Without additives
- The perfect summer drink
It’s time for a strawberry watermelon lemonade! If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d love a review at the very bottom of this page. If you post a picture, feel free to use the hashtag #veganevibes.
Vegan strawberry watermelon lemonade
- Balls Bottles
- Cutting board
- 600 g Watermelon Peel removed, cut into pieces
- 200 g Strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice
- Sparkling water to top up as desired
- Ice cubes at will
- Fresh mint leaves to taste
- Place watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice and maple syrup in a high-powered blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Pour through a strainer if needed and pour into smoothie glasses. Top with sparkling water and add ice cubes if desired.600 g Watermelon, 200 g Strawberries, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp Maple Syrup, Sparkling water to top up as desired, Ice cubes at will
- TIP: A small decoration of mint leaves and a melon wedge looks especially pretty.Fresh mint leaves to taste